|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 25, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade EAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Terre des hommes:
Terre des hommes Lausanne (Tdh) is a Swiss child welfare foundation, providing assistance and protection to vulnerable population worldwide. Tdh has been working in Afghanistan since 1995 and carry out projects related to Child Protection, Access to Justice, Mother and Child Health and Livelihood Programs in Kabul, Herat, Takhar & Nangarhar provinces.
In collaboration with the field midwives , the Midwife Trainer is responsible for carrying out project activities in partnership with the players involved and the beneficiaries of the project in the intervention areas , provide prenatal and postnatal education, examine patient during the course of the pregnancy, and assist patients in creating birth plans, ensure the health and well-being of the newborn and mother during delivery. Must be licensed to practice, monitor, check and analyses the midwives’ activities, offering professional support as required and her role extends to the prevention, education and continuing training of women and their family circle in the field of SMI .
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To contribute to reduce the morbidity and mortality rates for mothers and new-born babies by visiting mothers and babies in their homes, making accurate assessments of risk factors, and referring to the maternity hospitals and public health facilities . Analysis of project findings, including the mortality rate among programme clients, and take such steps as necessary to report findings and to reduce the mortality monitor,
- check and analyse the midwives’ activities, offering professional support as required .
- Identify and report immediately about problems that may jeopardize the programme goals
- Follow- up of specifics issues related to family planning and safe motherhood, etc
- Train the midwives and provide follow-up for continuous education sessions
- Train women within FHAGs, and Community Health Workers
- Participate in training sessions and meetings according to the Programme Coordinator’s requirements
- Representing the organization with government clinics and other services providers Jhpiego and the MoPH – in consultation with Programme Coordinator
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection to ensure data analysis of the project
- Report writing as required by line manager (s)
- Participate in creating training materials
- Regularly exchange information with his/her manager
- Assess future requirements and, together with logistics and his/her supervisor, order the necessary equipment within the required timeframe.
- Through outreach visits, ensure the communities are well aware of the project and are encouraged to participate in the project ctivities.
- Keeping and regular recording the lessons learned and case stories and report them to the Line manager to be considered in the donor reporting.
- Other duties that may be required
- Serves as a positive role model for the organisation Be responsible for his/her own continuing training to develop his/her skills
- Midwifery degree in health sector
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the field of maternal and child health services
- Excellent Communication in written and oral Dari and Pashto,
- Ability to train , supervise and manage teams, and continuous professional development of the staff
- Knowledge of English is an advantage
- Compassionate and caring of patients
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment
- Be able to demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge
- Ability to enhance the midwives ’s experience on mother and child health care.
- Good leadership skills and able to mentor midwives in the field.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently