|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kabul Municipality:
The Kabul Municipality (KM) has received a grant from the World Bank toward the cost of the proposed Kabul Municipal Development Project (KMDP). That builds upon the now closed Kabul Urban Reconstruction Project (KURP) which financed upgrading similar to the works envisaged under the proposed project.
The World Bank is supporting government of Afghanistan to enhance social protection for poor and vulnerable people during the current “relief” phase of the COVID-19 crisis through REACH project. REACH project is designed to deliver the emergency social protection to the population catchment that is proportional to the likely size of the COVID-19.
The REACH project will provide household support based on the geographic coverage of three different implementing agencies already managing relevant projects (CCAP, EZ-Kar, and KMDP)
The REACH project targets all households in Afghanistan with incomes of US$2 per day or lower, twice the national poverty line. The broad coverage, covering an estimated 93 percent of targeted communities, is required to assist households to withstand the impacts of the temporary disruptions to daily economic lives caused by the COVID-19 crisis and to encourage them to follow the social distancing norms.
The REACH comprises approximately two-thirds of the country. The remaining areas will be covered under the CCAP. Communities here refer to a combination of CDCs and Gozar Assemblies/Councils who will be the locus for implementation delivery of the project
Under the direct supervision of the Senior MIS Specialist, the System Developer will be primarily responsible for back-end and front-end designing, developing, managing, updating, and testing of new systems and maintaining, updating, and managing current systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design architectures, including the software, hardware and communications, to support the total requirements of City Investment Program, as well as to provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
- Develop high-level system design diagrams for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Maintain current MIS system which includes changes to be made from time to time as per requirements.
- Assessing the current workflow mechanism and technical problems of the systems and providing recommendations to the Management Information System (MIS) team to improve the system on regular bases.
- Plan, coordinate and closely monitor database, application development, web development and other software development relevant activities within the team.
- Quickly respond and provide solutions to MIS problems at central and provincial level.
- Develop different kind of analytical reports in MIS interface.
- Make sure software projects development/implementation is carried out as per plan and any unexpected delay occurring are communicated with team leader or unit head as soon as possible.
- Provide training materials and trainings on current MIS and new systems to central and provincial staff.
- Modifying MIS and other applications to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Working with other units and stakeholders on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Provide technical software/database related support to all departments
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Make sure web server is smoothly functioning and data replication between the local server and a web server is intact.
- Design & Develop applications, databases, and websites and/or modify existing databases, websites, and applications based on new requirements or policy changes (web-based and desktop).Ensure that reports are produced precisely, timely and regularly. Also, assist in the development of the periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Provide the information system, application & website with in-code and technical documents as well as the user manual.
- Any other related task assigned by management.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, Information Technology, Computer Application, Software engineering or any other related field; Master’s degree will be an added competency.
- 5 years of related experience including practical experience of software, web and database development.
- Strong knowledge of web programming languages including ASP.Net Web Forms, ASP.Net MVC,ASP.Net Core MVC, React/Angular, CodeIgniter, Database (SQL, SQL Server, MySQL).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
- Communication Skills
- Good writing skills
- Time Management
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Well organized and proactive approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated for his/her professional and academic improvement
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Problem-solving skills
- Professional work ethics