|Date Posted:||Apr 6, 2021|
|Reference:||HR-TVET/ CapED’s 01|
|Closing Date:||Apr 17, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Management|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||10 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
|Required Languages:||Dari,English & pashto|
About اداره تعلیمات تخنیکی و مسلکی:
CapED’s original focus area in Afghanistan is Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TVET-A). The programme has supported the Government of Afghanistan at the upstream level, with the development of policy and monitoring tools to guide, monitor and improve the sector, and at the downstream level, with targeted support to institutions and vocational training centres (VTCs) to improve capacities for demand-driven, market-oriented TVET service delivery. Key interventions in Afghanistan to date have included (1) Strengthening the strategic focus of the TVET system through support for the development of a first sector-wide strategy for TVET; (2) Supporting the government to develop and strengthen its TVET management information system (TVET-MIS) for formal TVET, integrating both demand and supply-side data for better monitoring, evaluation and planning of TVET delivery; and (3) Improving capacities for school-level provision of non-formal TVET through a comprehensive quality review of the VTCs. The Covid-19 pandemic has posed new and unprecedented challenges to the TVET system. TVET institutions remain closed since March 2020 and more than 60,000 students in the formal TVET system have been affected by the health crisis. In response to the school closures, the TVET-Authority (TVET-A) has rapidly assessed its readiness in addressing the learning crisis and proposed a non-conventional learning approach for TVET institutions. The intervention of the CapED workplan for 2020-21 on TVET will capitalize on the key achievements on TVET to date and contribute to the implementation of the immediate response and recovery measures outlined in the TVET-A’s non-conventional learning approach for TVET institutions. Strategic areas that form the basis of intervention for 2020-21 are the further strengthening and refinement of the existing TVET-MIS in place at the TVET to move towards a more holistic, open and agile system capable of generating analytical reports based on more qualitative data for evidence-based decision making, and to improve the quality of TVET provision during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. A second area of intervention is to support the TVET in its efforts to build capacities at central, provincial and school level to develop and implement comprehensive improvement plans for all formal TVET institutions based on relevant resources, guidelines and templates.
This assignment involves efforts on improving the interface graphic design of the TVET-A MIS through CapED Project, aimed at making the system more users friendly and capable of generating illustrative reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop interface graphic designs for different modules of the TVET-A MIS;
- Provide illustrations to all project related material, workshop reports, progress reports;
- Develop info graphics for all possible communication platforms to promote the TVET-A MIS;
- Design packages for promotion of TVET-A strategic plan, including mission, goals and development interventions;
- Provide technical support towards implementation of CapED project Communication Action Plan. Through a variety of activities that will compile the mentioned plan of action should address different segments of audience and fully cover the wide spectrum of sphere of interaction, such as social media, production of visual printed and video material, etc;
- Research, compile and present information from a variety of sources including review of current events in the related area;
- Support the process of designing and printing of visibility and program materials in cooperation with project;
- Assist in design, creation and delivery of new and effective communications products and services;
- Assist in developing project Reports/bulletins and other communication materials for key stakeholders;
- Ensure gender-disaggregated reporting of project activities and achievements and collect information in support of gender-based achievements of the project;
· TVET-A MIS promotion package (within 4 weeks of start of the assignment);
· Graphic design of the 4th statistical report and other statistical products
· TVET-A Strategic Plan promotion package;
· Final consultancy report (at the end of the tenure).
a. Education and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in public relations, Arts, communication, social sciences, or other related.
· Minimum 5 years’ Experience in preparation of PR, design and/or communication strategy, preferably at International organizations managing campaigns and awareness raising activities;
· Demonstrated experience in reports writing;
· Proven record of working on issues related to environment protection will be an asset;
· Experience of communication with stakeholders (media);
· Experience of working in multicultural environments.
b. Skills and Abilities
· Proven leadership ability and a team player.
· Excellent computer skills using Adobe Illustrator and other designing tools.
· Fluency in one of the local languages (Pashto/Dari) and familiarity (written and spoken) with English language
· Willingness and ability to travel to the provinces in Afghanistan based on requirements.
· Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Must be an Afghan National