|Date Posted:||Mar 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About American University of Afghanistan:
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit, nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1,000 students.
The AUAF’s IT/MIS department is seeking qualified candidate for full time position as MIS Officer based in Kabul.
Key Outcomes Include
· Administration of implemented information systems.
· Cooperate in implementation of new information systems and new deployments.
· Design and generation of new reports based on requirements of functional departments.
· Manage backup and recovery processes of information systems.
The MIS Officer will be responsible for administration of database and information systems, troubleshooting technical problems, designing and generating reports.
The MIS Officer shall ensure the smooth running of all information systems and shall ensure that client’s expectations are met and quality services are provided. Having good communications and problem solving skills are the fundamental requirement.
· High level of integrity and an evolved concept of responsibility and innovations
· Highly tuned problem-solving ability
· The incumbent shall be fluent in Dari, Pashto and English
· Shall have strong communication and problem-solving skills
· Shall have strong skills to work under pressure
· Shall have strong multi-tasking skills
· Shall be flexible to stay in the office beyond the office hours when and if required
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain and administrate existing information systems;
· Assist in systems implementation, operations and maintenance;
· Troubleshoot and resolve the system issues and problems;
· Work with related departments to improve system-based solutions and their usages;
· Apply regular backups and ensure system securities;
· Ensure staffs remained trained and effective at using the information systems;
· Generate regular and ad-hoc reports for needy destinations;
· Document related guidelines, manuals and procedures;
· Submit periodic (monthly/ quarterly/ annual) progress reports to the Senior MIS Manager;
· Perform other relevant tasks assigned by Senior MIS Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· Shall have at least 4 Years of relevant experience
· Extensive experience in administration of information systems
· Knowledge and experience of ERP systems will be an advantage
· Strong knowledge and experience of SQL
· Strong knowledge and experience of SSIS and SSRS
· Knowledge of web programming languages (.NET, ASP.NET CORE, C#)
· Knowledge of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence tools will be an advantage