|Date Posted:||Apr 6, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 23, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (Molsamd):
The MIS Project Officer will support the MIS Expert in delivering the following:
a. Detailed report and technical specifications for implementation of the new MIS system of the Pension Department; sufficient detail to be used as the basis for IT tender and development
b. Technical specifications of the software utility (or utilities) to capture legacy records of the Pension Department and to support the process of census of the beneficiaries; with recommendations on the development options
Technical specifications of the MIS to support implementation of the safety net pilot and the related monitoring and evaluation system; with recommendations on the development options
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
It is expected that the MIS Project Officer under guidance of the MIS Expert, in collaboration with the project team, and under direct supervision of the Project Manager and the Project Adviser undertake the following:
1. Assist in advising and documenting required measures of operational automation, including data processing and storing facilities, computerized work stations, networking, etc.
2. Ensure that the recommendations adequately reflect operational automation of the key systems and processes of the Pension Department
3. Assist in compiling detailed specifications and tender materials for the new MIS system of the Pension Department. Assess and advise on options for implementation, including customization of an off-shelf software, development of a system from scratch, etc. Assist with developing a short list of the potential vendors.
4. Assist with developing a special software utility that would facilitate migration of records of the Pension Department from paper to electronic media and support the process of pensionerâ€™s census.
5. Assist with developing specifications for the monitoring system of the MOLSAMD that would support the roll out and administration of the safety net component of the project; research implementation options (in-house, outsourced, etc), prepare necessary process/tender documentation.
6. Participate with the other experts in finalizing recommendations according to a format acceptable to the PIU.
7. Work with the PIU members, other MOLSAMD experts, and other stakeholders, under the guidance of the international experts.
The interested candidate must have at least bachelor degree in Computer science, information technology, Management information system any other in the related field.
The interested candidate are expected to have three years of: (I) previous direct experience in design and/or implementation of large-scale IT solutions both relations in database implementation and in Procurement of computer hardware; (ii) familiarity with the main IT providers in Afghanistan and/or in the region (including system integrators and developers); and (i) a good knowledge of the working environment in the Afghan administration (with Government, non-Government, or private sector agency).
Administrative Frame Work:
The contract will be between the MIS Project Officer and the MOLSAMD, and the MIS Project Officer will be directly accountable to the PIU for contractual issues.
The MIS Project Officer will work under the guidance of the MIS Expert.