|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 21, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The MIS Specialist will work directly under the daily supervision of the National Program Coordinator; will be working closely with NSDP M&E Department.
The MIS Specialist will bring strong technical skills to the team. He/she would have solid technical knowledge and experience in the field of database development, upgrading, and management, web development, and in general MIS related activities. Specifically he/she is expected to have strong knowledge and experience of Net environment and SQL Server databases. He/she must have programming capabilities and techniques to be able to work with SQL Server 2005, MYSQL, PHP, VB.NET and ASP.net languages.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In particular, the MIS Specialist will be responsible for:
1. Define data flow processes and propose the required resources for data inputs and design useful outputs.
2. Plan and execute software development from popular platforms to support database requirements of NSDP/NATEJA.
3. Develop new software / databases (web based);
4. Provide training and technical support in using the database to all departments of NSDP, including project area teams in the provinces;
5. Develop web related data exchange routines (Views and Data Provider);
6. Maintain, administer and troubleshoot databases
7. Make sure that the Web Reporting System is updated on regular basis;
8. Ensure that the necessary backup procedures for all NSDP database are in place and regular backups are taken
9. Provide the system with in-code and technical documents as well as user manual
10. Ensure that reports are produced precisely, timely and regularly. Also assist in the development of the monthly, quarterly, reports
11. Ensure the smooth functioning of NSDP database and send regular updates/patches and SQL commands to install new features, fix bugs and update data.
12. Work closely with M&E Department and give them updates when required.
13. Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors
a. At least a bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other degree within the field.
b. Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the relevant field of a web development and database Management.
c. Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of complex and distributed database systems;
d. Working knowledge of system analysis and design processes
e. Knowledge and ability to apply computer applications to include MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
f. Basic information management skills.
g. Training and/or capacity building skills
h. Supervisory team building skills
i. Decision making skills.
j. Effective verbal and listening.
k. Stress management skills.
l. Time management skills
m. Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants and the World Bank staff