|Date Posted:||Oct 5, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 26, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2022-2023, FAO will, under the life-saving assistance Outcome (1) of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF), focus on the following four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. Additionally, FAO will contribute toward resilience-building activities under Outcome 2 of the TEF.
FAO Afghanistan is in the process of deploying a Management Information System (MIS) for beneficiary registration, data analysis and disbursement of cash, voucher and in-kind assistance to beneficiaries in various regions as per its mandate.
The MIS User Support Technician Specialist will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the Head of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability team, and technical guidance of the OER Cash and Voucher – Management Information System Team in headquarters.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting end users in the beneficiary management system and other systems as may be introduced from time to time by FAO Afghanistan in its day to day operations, and specifically on systems under the responsibility of the technical unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the OER MIS Team during the initial setup, development, and operation of the MIS ecosystem’ tools and apps;
- Configure the beneficiary registration mobile devices for data collection with KoboCollect before the commencement of implementations, including integration with biometric and NFC software;
- Contribute to the configuration of KoboCollect server forms with relevant data collection tools and project data;
- Configure the mobile devices for assistance delivery with the dedicated FAO applications before the commencement of distribution, including integration with biometric and NFC software;
- Take note of bugs occurring within the Android applications for supporting beneficiary registration and assistance delivery as reported by the users that utilize these applications on a case-by-case basis, and escalate to the relevant development team.
- Conduct training for FAO Afghanistan staff utilizing the above-mentioned tools during project implementation;
- Conduct training for Implementing Partner data clerks that utilize FAO Afghanistan tools for beneficiary registrations when required;
- Support the preparation of documents, presentations, and videos to complement training and ease on-boarding of new system users (both for Implementing Partners and for FAO Staff);
- Provide remote and in-person technical support to Implementing Partners (i.e.: ONGs, Government staff), agro-dealers, and Financial Service Providers when they encounter challenges while using the system during projects implementation;
- Provide technical support to FAO staff and partners as they utilize the system and associated applications;
- Extract collected data in relevant formats to present to relevant stakeholders for analysis and upload to the MIS to facilitate aid disbursement;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced (Master) degree or University (Bachelor) degree in software engineering, computer science or related fields with a solid foundation in application development.
- For advanced degrees, at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in cash or e-voucher programmes and/or application development.
- For university degrees, at least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in cash or e-voucher programmes and/or application development.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and/or Dari).
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Previous experience working in an environment involving the provision of remote technical assistance is a strong advantage;
- Good technical knowledge of relational databases – MySQL, PostgreSQL;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Proficiency in working in HTML and other Web 2.0 Standards;
- Experience using multi-wallet NFC cards is an added advantage;
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc;
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make inquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in an appropriate format.
- A systematic, well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments. Analytical ability, accuracy, and consistency. Ability to exercise diligence and care in dealing with records, expenditures and sensitive data.
- The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment, including tact and courtesy and a strong capacity for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.