|Date Posted:||Feb 23, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 2, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Basic Education and Employable Skill Training (BEST):
BEST (Basic Education and Employable Skill Training) is a registered non-for-profit development oriented Afghan Non-Governmental Organization established in 27th of April 2001. The Organization has a regional coverage through undertaking various Developmental, Relief and Emergency Projects in different sectors (education, capacity building, vocational training, community development and etc) for Afghan Returnees and local communities in Afghanistan.
Under the supervision of the CD, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the monitoring of the national and regional indicator critical for the monitoring of projects. As a part of monitoring, identify gaps in the information and make recommendations for collection of this data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Planning and designing data collection and survey system.
2. Ensuring smooth flow of information between field office and HQs.
3. Evolving effective reporting system with HQs.
4. Field visits to monitor and evaluate project ongoing activities.
5. Maintain filing system and record keeping.
6. Ensure smooth operation of M and E activities with the project area.
7. Developing a systematic information system.
8. Documenting all official activities in the field office.
9. Identify and disseminate M and E resources and provide technical assistance to Trainers on questions of M and E, as practical and according to areas of expertise.
10. Conduct and/or support data gathering on all Training activities,. Ensure that data are accurate and submit them to BEST M and E department.
11. Work with Program Coordinator and Project Managers to contribute to overall EVAW project planning and development. Help to ensure that M and E efforts are coordinated with organizational development.
12. Monitor EVAW activities, including visiting project sites, comparing planned versus actual program results and reporting findings.
13. As requested, assist in planning for, facilitate and/or participate fully in meetings and ad hoc working groups;
14. Participate in promoting the exchange of M and E information and expertise across the country..
15. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Project Manager.
1. University degree preferred.
2. Minimum of three years of work experience with NGOs, with at least one year in M and E.
3. Demonstrated experience in quantitative research and data analysis.
4. Good English writing, speaking and comprehension skills.
5. Fluency in the two afghan official languages, Pashto and Dari (writing, speaking and comprehension).
6. Good computer skills to include Internet, Word, Excel, Access.
7. Must be of a good and respectful character, and be able to conduct business with the whole national and international community regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, race, tribe or culture with respect, and professionalism.
8. Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
9. Ability to work under pressure.
10. Professionalism in appearance and demeanor
Program Coordinator / CD