|Date Posted:||Jun 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 6, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
The post holder will report to the Coordinator of the Secretariat for the High-Level Food Security and Nutrition Steering Committee (FSNSC). S/he will closely collaborate with the designated Monitoring & Evaluation Officers and/or Information Management Specialists of Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Liaise with the key Government Ministries and relevant development partners related to the national Afghanistan Food Security and Nutrition Agenda (AFSeN) and the national Nutrition Action Framework (NAF) to ensure sufficiently robust monitoring and evaluation processes to track the implementation of the AFSeN and NAF;
2. Establish effective monitoring and evaluation systems using well-defined Food Security and Nutrition-related indicators to monitor progress against implementation plans and to review the impact of activities.
3. Develop and manage a database, including a dashboard, of key Food Security and Nutrition indicators, to track progress on the implementation of the AFSeN and NAF;
4. Facilitate and follow-up to ensure timely receipt of data and information from key Government Ministries and development partners regarding the implementation of the AFSeN and NAF;
5. Provide data on food and nutrition security for the preparation of various communications products, including the annual results report;
6. Attend meetings of the FNS Technical Committees when deemed necessary;
7. Provide the FNS Secretariat with necessary data and reports in its support of the High Level FNS Steering Committee; and
8. Perform other assigned duties.
The individual will have expertise in relevant aspects of food security and nutrition, with a minimum of five years of experience working on monitoring of development programs. Candidates for this position will have obtained a university degree (preferably Master’s degree) in a relevant field such as agriculture, nutrition, public health, or economics. Knowledge of food security and nutrition security issues and work experience in this area would be an asset. Extensive knowledge of government systems in Afghanistan, particularly of their routine monitoring systems and previous experience in establishing and managing databases, is required. He/she must have the ability and technical skills in writing of meeting minutes, required official letters and documents, and should be familiar with the official writing principles. He or she must have strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills in at least one of the Afghanistan’s national language (Pashtu/Dari), as well as in English.