|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2.5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Prepare and implement a project monitoring and evaluation plan including setting up and maintaining a monitoring system and database with data collected from the field to support evidence based monitoring.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Schedule and conduct monitoring visits to project sites in accordance with the Project Work Plan and coordination with the Project Coordinator, Enterprise and Marketing Officer, Social Organiser, and Re-integration Officer.
· Prepare field M&E reports, including data collection, analysis, presentation and knowledge management.
· With the technical advice of the MEL unit and the Project Coordinator regularly make inputs into the database system.
· Actively participate in designing questionnaires, facilitate and conduct baseline and other surveys, regular monitoring of field level activities.
· Inform Project Coordinator and liaise with Enterprise and Marketing Officer, Social Organiser, Re-integration Officer and HO MEL unit to ensure that required data and information is received in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
· Conduct M&E regular visits to all villages in the targeted districts to verify the program activities progress on the ground.
· Provide ongoing feedback to program staff (Project Coordinator, Enterprise and Marketing Officer, Social Organiser, Re-integration Officer) on M&E activities.
· Coordinate the process for generating donor reports, involving the monthly collection of data from the field and the data compilation, tabulation, analysis and presentation of the collected data in prescribed formats and as advised by the MEL unit, Project Coordinator and the Project Manager.
· Contribute to the design, modification and maintenance of the databases to ensure that the data is relevant, current and easily accessible.
· Entering routine monitoring and survey data, and regularly spot check the accuracy of data supplied and subsequently entered by others.
· Assist in the development of questionnaires, surveys and monitoring reports for use in the field and translate these in English and Pashto.
· Actively participate in teams formed to undertake surveys, studies, evaluations and impact assessments of project work and document learning from the processes used.
· Contribute to completion of monthly and quarterly progress reports based on the annual work plan, with qualitative and evaluative inputs from the various components under the project.
· Produce or assist in the production of other internal documents, such as monthly field news and success stories.
· Perform any other duties as required by the Line Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Logar
Education / Training
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (statistics, social sciences, development studies or any other relevant subject). Master’s Degree is desirable.
· At least 2.5 years of professional experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
Professional Skills and Competencies
· Demonstrated ability to design, prepare, and implement a monitoring plan.
· Proven organizational and interpersonal skills; team player; problem solving skills.
· Proven skills in data management, data preservation and other computer programs.
· Good English and Pashto skills.
· Strong report writing.
· Capacity building skills in participatory monitoring methods is desirable.
Values and attitude
· A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
· Competent to take initiative, work with significant levels of autonomy and ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Committed and honest in his/her work, ability to monitor the work of others and report gaps and challenges.
· Details oriented person.
· Responsible, flexible, adaptable.
· A willingness to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly high-risk locations.
· Personal integrity, proactivity, flexibility, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation.