|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan Water Resources Development Project:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have responsibility of monitoring and evaluating project development. He/She will report to the PMO Director and coordinate work-plans with the Planning Department of Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) and the Project Officer at the Ministry of Finance (MOF). The Project Management Office Consultants will provide technical support and assistance during the initial period of operations of the MEW PMO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ The candidate will be responsible for assuring that project reports are in order and deliver results in accordance with the requirement of Contracts.
â€¢ Demonstrated enthusiasm in working for the projectâ€™s purpose and vision;
â€¢ Results oriented and highly motivated;
â€¢ Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches;
â€¢ Undertake project-related tasks as mandated in the loan/ grant agreement and as required by the Implementing Agency (IA);
â€¢ Prepare reports as required by the Project and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
â€¢ Coordinate with the Project Management Consultants in the development of programs for on-the-job transfer of knowledge to the Finance and Administration staff of the PMO, which serves as counterpart staff during implementation.
1. Assist in establishment of monitoring and evaluation strategy developed by Project Management Consultants as well as plans for construction and rehabilitation and upgrading of irrigation, flood protection and river erosion control infrastructure included in all sub-projects including among others the command area below Bangala Weir, typical commands below the newly constructed main canal structures in the Balkh Canals and the area near Yangi Qala town presently subject to frequent crop damage by flooding from the Amu Dharya which will be protected by construction of the Yanqi Qala flood embankment;
2. Incorporate the use of the monitoring and evaluation systems referred to in (1) above that includes input, progress, output and impact indicators to be computerized for each sub-project to which they apply;
3. Assist in planning, designing and supervising the conduct of baseline, intermediate and end of Project socio-economic surveys in the area cited in (i) above and other areas as deemed appropriate by PMO and the PIOs;
4. Assist in depth workshops for NGO subcontractors who will carry out the surveys in the field, covering the survey design, sampling criteria, questionnaire requirements, interview methodology and survey analysis;
5. Assist in supervising the work of those conducting the field surveys and analyzing assessment results.
6. Assist in identification of social and economic indicators that will serve as the benchmark for assessing the impact on farm income in the head, middle and tail reaches of the canals below Bangala Weir and in areas both moderately and severely affected by river flooding at Yangi Qala;
7. Help in assessment of capacity within MEW/PMO/PDF/PIOs with respect to monitoring and evaluation procedures and prepare a detailed capacity development program for monitoring and evaluation activities to be carried out under the program; and
8. Be trained by Project Management Consultants with a view to strengthening their ability to adequately oversee monitoring and evaluation activities under the balance of the program.
9. Assist the Consultants as directed by the Project Director.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
The candidate must have a Degree in Engineering, Management and/ or a relevant field of expertise. More than five years of experience in project monitoring and management. Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements. Preference would be given to candidates with experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of donor-funded projects.