|Date Posted:||Jun 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 3, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Rural Enterprise Development Programme:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (MEO) is responsible to the Manger of the M and E Unit of AREDP and is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the quantity and quality of program activities, including: a) ensuring that contractual obligations of sub-partners are being met; b) program goals and objectives are being met by program activities; c) program partners
and Facilitating Partners (FPs) are performing adequately and meeting contractual obligations; and d) AREDP program goals are accurately and timely reported to ANDS and GoA stakeholders.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manger of the M and E Unit (MEM) and in coordination and collaboration with the international M and E Consultant, the MEO shall:
- Participate and support the development of the M and E Unit for AREDP HQ and the preparation and finalisation of the M and E Manual;
- Undertake regular monitoring of program activities to ensure that the quality and quantity of the program activities being delivered by the Office of Program Management is in accordance to obligations prescribed by contracts;
- Become familiar with both the financial and narrative components of the program, activities, and sub-contract to be monitored and evaluated;
- Work with the MEM to prepare and implement annual and monthly monitoring and evaluation plans for the HQ and Field Offices;
- Advise, and if necessary train, the M and E staff of Facilitating/Implementing Partners on AREDP the monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Complete and submit regular reports on the monitoring and evaluation findings in the field to the AREDP HQ;
- Manage the office administration of the M and E Unit;
- Coordinate and collaborate with other AREDP HQ units to ensure the efficient implementation of M and E activities throughout the program;
- Ensure that environmental and gender issues are addressed in the training activities across all sectors;
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Manger of the M and E Unit.
The successful candidate will be able to work without direct supervision, pay attention to detail and will exhibit personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency, flexibility, respect for diversity, creative thinking and problem solving
2. 1 to 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of business/enterprise development projects/programs;
3. Proven experience in report writing;
4. Proven experience in the planning and scheduling of monitoring and evaluation activities for development programs;
5. Good office administration skills.
6. 2. Qualifications/Skill
7. A higher Diploma or University degree in related field (Business Administration, Economics, engineering, )
8. Excellent communication, team working and problem solving skills.
9. Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English.
10. Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office packages
11. 3. Abilities
12. Ability to work in a high pressure environment;
13. Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
14. Ability to work independently and also as an effective team member
15. Professionalism in appearance and demeanour; and
16. Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative.
17. Must be willing to travel whiten the Herat Province .
E. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
18. Manager of the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (AREDP HQ), and accountable to the AREDP Coordinator and AREDP Advisor.
6.0 PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
19. 5 Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.