|Date Posted:||May 19, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private international, nonprofit, and non-denominational development agency. It seeks sustainable solutions to long term problems of poverty, with special emphasis on the needs of rural communities in mountainous, coastal and other resource poor areas across the world. Concentrating its efforts in health, education, rural development and strengthening civil society sectors, AKFâ€™s approach is based on long-term commitment that is maintained through political and social uncertainty.
Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan is part of a dynamic network of development agencies currently operating in over 30 countries across Central and South Asia and East and West Africa. AKF,A currently manages and implements the largest, multi-sectoral development programme within the network and has built a strong reputation with the Government of Afghanistan, donors and local partners in a number of technical fields. At present, it is seeking an exceptional individual to fill the position of ERLU Officer in ERLU Department at its Regional Office Baghlan, Afghanistan.
Responsible for conducting the day to day monitoring and evaluation activities at the regional level for the Northeast Afghanistan Stabilization Fund project
Duties & Responsibilities:
1- Define, design and implement specific M and E studies according to project needs identified in the logframe, including conducting baselines, methodology preparation (where applicable), sample selection, implementation and analysis
2- Implement project M and E, for example, baselines, annual project reviews, participatory impact assessments, progress monitoring, etc.
3- Supervise staff conducting M and E studies to ensure time efficient and quality data collection.
4- Develop monitoring systems that reflect project grant indicators.
5- Prepare reports on M and E findings as required, working closely with technical staff and implementing partners
6- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M and E findings with project staff and implementing partners
7- Organise, and where applicable, conduct M and E training for project and implementing partner staff
8- Any other tasks as assigned by the site coordinator and ERLU Manager
1. Bachelorâ€™s Degree or equivalent diploma in field relevant to M and E e.g. development, sociology, statistics, etc
2. Experience with logical frameworks and other strategic planning approaches, M and E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory), information analysis and report writing.
3. At least 2 years of relevant working experience
4. Willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, including households, community members, government officials and other AKF partners. Some travel outside of the province may be necessary
5. Fluent in Dari and English both written and spoken
6. Computer skills: familiar with MS Office based applications, particularly Access and Excel, and other applications relevant for MER.
7. Proactive, able to adjust quickly to the demands and context specific to the country, creative, proven ability to work in a team, systematic, organized, structured, analytical, very good attention to detail, focused, familiar with working long hours both at the field level and office setting, excellent communication skills (oral and written).