|Date Posted:||Jun 13, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 1, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992
This position is to monitor and evaluate project activities especially on activities of women CDCs/GAs ensuring participation of vulnerable populations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the UN-Habitat, Afghanistan country management (Country Programme Manager based in Kabul and Senior Human Settlements Officer based in Regional office) and under direct supervision of International and National Programme, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will undertake the following tasks and activities:
- Monitoring and Evaluation of project activities, output, outcome (periodical communication with Team Leaders and Provincial Manager and field visit)
Support implementation of baseline, mid and end-line surveys conducted at community level and city level ensuring involvement of vulnerable population such as women, youth and disables
Support teams in Kabul and Mazar-i-sharif on CDC/GA level activities and communication with stakeholders
Monitor those actives ensuring inclusion of vulnerable populations such as women, youth and disable
- Support development of monitoring and evaluation framework and tools
- Prepare monthly progress reports and stories from field
- Extract and summaries lessons learned from the field
1. Monthly Reports (including stories from the field)
2. Quarterly Reports
3. Baseline survey
4. Midterm review
5. End point survey
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, disaster risk management, urban studies, development studies, or related field.
- At least three years of experience in monitoring and evaluation activities, preferably in the field of Resilience, DRR, Climate Change Adaptation and/or community based development.
- Experiences in working in community based development programme/projects preferred.
- Familiarity with the UN system in Afghanistan is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and local language (Dari and Pashto) required.