|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 1, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Comprehensive Agriculture and Rural Development Facility (CARD-F) works on behalf of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GOIRA) to deliver sustainable economic development in the rural economy at the district level. CARD-F seeks to provide a means of designing, coordinating, funding and implementing high-impact interventions through an integrated Economic Development Package (EDP) for targeted districts. EDPs address issues of markets, agricultural production, processing and infrastructure in an integrated manner to promote growth and build on- as far as possible- existing programs and projects. CARD-F functions under the auspices of an Inter-Ministerial Committee comprising: Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development (MRRD) and the Ministry of Finance (MOF) under the chairmanship of the Ministry of Counter Narcotics (MCN). CARD-F has successfully completed its Phase 1 and its Phase 2 will last until the end of 2018 and during this time CARD-F plans to cover all Provinces in Afghanistan. CARD-F is also a sub-component of the National Priority Program 2 (NPP2). While presently externally funded by the Government of United Kingdom (DFID) and the Government of Denmark (DANIDA), other donors such as USAID, European Union and JICA have shown keen interest in funding CARD-F beyond its Phase 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the formulation of recommendations for improving implementation performance including direct training and mentoring at district and provincial level.
- Contribute to the process of project design and prioritization including the identification and allocation of resources to ensure EDPs are properly designed.
- Facilitate development of Economic Development Packages to ensure that
o Project logical framework objectives are appropriate and achievable
o Indicators are appropriate and measurable
o Performance measurement plan is complete.
- Train and mentor CARD-F staff in provinces in Economic Development Package project logical framework preparation and M and E activities based on the M and E framework and Economic Development Package requirements
- Make regular visits to Province and District Offices to oversee and ensure the efficient implementation of M and E activities
- Represent CARD-F on M and E issues with MRRD, MAIL and organization including data sharing
- Prepare and apply an effective, participatory and decentralized M and E system is established with clearly demarcated responsibilities that are based on the participatory and equity principles of the program.
- Represent CARD-F on M and E issues with Economic Development Package implementers to specify monitoring requirements including regular reporting
- Periodically facilitate the review and if appropriate update of the CARD-F M and E process and system as well as logical framework and supporting documents
- Undertake regular verification monitoring of ongoing EDPs in close coordination with CARD-F Finance department
- Make contribution to the CARD-F website
- Undertake all other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the role and level of this job as may be requested by the National Director or one of his nominees.
1. Degree in Economics, Rural Development, Agriculture, Engineering or related field from a recognized university. Master degree is preferred. Or equivalent experience.
2. 5 years of M and E working experience and good understanding of M and E methods and tools
3. Excellent analytical and report writing skills
4. Good Communication and presentation skills.
5. Ability to fluently communicate in English, Pashto and Dari.
6. Good computer skills including proven experience using MS Office packages
7. Leadership qualities, personnel and team management
8. A solid understanding of rural development, with a focus on participatory processes, joint management, and a good knowledge of gender issues
9. Willingness to travel throughout Afghanistan and stay for a period of approximately up to a week, in any CARD-F target province, when needed,