|Date Posted:||Oct 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About World Vision International Afghanistan:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This professional will be responsible for managing and maintain the Management Information System database. He/She will build M and E competencies in MY AP staff and between other partners Agencies (STARS and CHA). As a member of the monitoring and evaluation team in World Vision Afghanistan MYAP, he will facilitate program staff in their design monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation of the program with the aim of improving program quality and impact.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Establish, manage, administrate and provide maintenance to the MY AP MIS Data- Base and ensure its access to the MY AP key staff and that the data and reports generated from the field are stored on the appropriate database.
2. Ensure high standards of quality and reliability of the data and information generated by the MIS
3. Data checking, cleaning and entering capacity building and supervision, processing and aggregate at the program level
4. Create and strengthen competencies in data entering and data processing among the field staff that will collect and manage monitoring data. This includes emphasis in training and reinforcement in the use of Personal Digital Assistants (PDA)
5. Lead the statistical processing of quantitative data of evaluation and special studies
6. Supervise the adequate functioning of the Early Warning System (EWS)
7. Create capacities in the application of the EWS tools in the field staff and community members (community health workers/Shura).
8. Generate Early Warning System figures/statistics, triangulations and trends at Program level
9. Generate statistics and figures to support the elaboration of the MY AP Annual Progress reports
10. Work with project implementation staff in the field to ensure there is functional and appropriate monitoring and reporting systems for the monitoring of project activities and outputs. This will include facilitating implementation staff working through issues of understanding information needs, designing data collection systems and outlining selfÂ¬monitoring responsibilities.
11. Work closely with the M and E Manager and other M and E staff to ensure consistent approaches and methodologies across sector projects
12. In conjunction with the Sector Heads, work with M and E Manager and partners Agencies to develop monitoring schedules for all sectors in each district. This will include monitoring by Program Manager, M and E Manager and visitors technical monitoring visits using the developed monitoring checklists.
13. Strengthen the monitoring and evaluation activities under all programs via training and capacity building activities as appropriate
14. With the support of the M and E Manager, provide support for the implementation of the MY AP baseline survey through coordinated administrative and logistical support. This will include: management of data collection teams in the District (planning and design survey schedule, ensure questionnaire is understandable in local context, staff management, plan data collection approach by village, development of movement plan and organize accommodation for data collection teams).
15. Gather the results of relevant surveys or studies conducted locally by other agencies or govt. authorities and other relevant secondary data that can inform the MY AP program and share the information with relevant WV staff.
16. Develop a network with the M and E staff of other locally based agencies and develop a system for capturing learning from the M and E system
â€¢ Willingness to travel within Afghanistan and work in remote areas
â€¢ Excellent communication skills required and ability to work in a cross cultural and multiÂ¬religious environment with multinational staff
â€¢ Must be details oriented. Knowledge of Afghanistan environment and Dari are a plus.
â€¢ Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
â€¢ Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
â€¢ Able to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural context, stressful environments and with limited resources
Qualifications and Competencies Required (EXPERIENCE):
â€¢ BA degree preferred
â€¢ Preferably a minimum of 3 years experience in monitoring and evaluation work and social research in an INGO setting
â€¢ High-level competencies to manage statistical databases and computer packages (MSÂ¬Access, SPSS, EPl-INFO)
â€¢ Demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods
including survey techniques and participatory approaches.
â€¢ Experience in capacity building of technical, field staff and community members.
â€¢ Experience in design and create capacities in data collection tools and guidelines.
â€¢ High experience in quantitative data automated revision, cleaning and processing
â€¢ Experience in management information systems.
â€¢ Experience in elaboration of technical reports
â€¢ Experience in supervising and supporting data collection staff
â€¢ Experience in design and create capacity to apply M and E tools and guidelines
â€¢ Proficient in English writing and speaking
â€¢ Results oriented and good team-player
â€¢ Ability to work in collaborative! team environment