|Date Posted:||Feb 20, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Academic and Islamic Research Center (AAIRC) is an Islamic independent, academic, research, legal, social and non-profitable organization which has been established by a number of academic, committed and patriot Afghans. The aim of AAIRC is to deliver effective and efficient services in accordance with the basis of Islam religion, constitution, enforced laws of the country, international conventions, accepted traditions of Afghans and other Islamic values. The objective of AAIRC is to fight against violence; defend the cultural values; ensure human rights and law enforcement; coordinate between Islamic leaders and scholars; get people participate; promote the Islamic and modern knowledge through mosques, gatherings with Islamic leaders and ethnic elders and other available instruments. AAIRC has implemented effective public outreach projects in the past couple of years. In 2010, in partnership with the Development & Public Awareness (DPA), AAIRC implemented a project on Maximizing Women Participation in 2010 National Assembly Election. The project was very successful and maximized the participation in the election. AAIRC as part of its mandate has organized self-funded seminars and gathering to counter corruption and inform the people on its consequences undermining development and prosperity in Afghanistan. AAIRC engages itself actively in any arenas which is a critical problem in Afghanistan. Besides all of these activities, it is important to note that AAIRC members have been engaged during the past 2 years conducting research and studies of issues around the country and brainstorming solutions. For the purpose of this project AAIRC is bringing 10 high-level religious scholars and experts (â€œDistinguished Speakersâ€) from different countries (one each month) to deliver speeches and engage with citizens on topics such as extremism, terrorism, suicide bombing, violence, aggressive attitudes toward women, ethnic & religious minorities or children, and any kind of discrimination. AAIRC will also pave the ground to get the Speakers engage traditional communicators, Islamic scholars, mullahs and imams for discussions on religion in contemporary societies. The project will focus on providing gatherings, meetings, seminars, and using other local events to get constructive messages across and encourage international/multicultural understanding.
Organize media, TVs, radios and other media instruments to cover the events and broadcast them to the extent possible on national and international press
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Organize media, TVs, radios and other media instruments to cover the events and broadcast them to the extent possible on national and international press
2. Responsible for the oversight, management and content of the media programs
3. Build, maintain and update a directory of local media contacts and information network (NGOs, community groups, women, youth, relevant agencies, etc.).
4. Cultivate and maintain effective networks and working relationship with TVs, Journalists, Shuras, communities and civil society organizations and other relevant partners.
5. Take the lead in the implementation of the project media, public outreach and communication strategy.
6. Document and report media and public outreach program results and prepare briefs and ensure media publicity bannered under the program according branding and marking policies.
7. Assist with organizing events with the leadership and monitor public meetings, gatherings, and events in target provinces.
8. Help with translation of documents and interpretation in meetings/events as required.
9. Maintain a paper and electronic filing system of all media related documents in an orderly manner.
10. Take the lead in all project communication including drafting of letters and memos, internal and external to project holders and government officials, specifically to the donor as necessary.
11. Perform any other tasks that will be assigned by the Project Director.
â€¢ University diploma in journalism
â€¢ English language writing and speaking ability
â€¢ Good understanding of media and contacts with journalist
â€¢ Minimum of 2 to 3 year experience in this field of work.