|Date Posted:||Jun 28, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||7|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
The monitoring engineer will report to the monitoring section head. monitoring engineer will submit weekly .biweekly and monthly reports on all activities carried out as part of its assignment and will also paper other reports as and when required by the senior civil engineer .
Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitor Irrigation Structures’ Construction Quality Assurance (QA) and responsible for contractor’s activities on site ensuring that wok is according to contract scope drawing and specifications and they meet the high standards provided by ID.
• Review material submitted by contractors for compliance with the BoQ specifications and drawings refer to ID Senior Engineer for approval where required.
• Ensure that contractors comply with the approved drawings and layouts.
• Monitor field tests required as per specifications keep proper record of all tests carried out.
• Review existing practice by contractors and make recommendations where remedial action is required that will improve safety quality and save time in all new and reconstruction programs undertaken by ID.
• Ensure that all safety measures are taken in to consideration and applied at site
• Ensure that the project is completed within time and recommend best practices if the progress is behind schedule.
• Prepare variation form for change order as per site requirements.
• Preparing punch list of completed works and monitor remedial works on defects. Will also suggest where needed alternate method of work keeping in view time and budget.
• Preparing monthly measurement sheets for payments.
• Prepare daily record of work progress at the construction site.
• Maintain contractors daily log book.
• Make sure that the measurement of actual work is done at construction site.
• Facilitate ID Payment Certificate as per actual works done at site.
• Prepare measurement sheets
• Prepare monthly biweekly and weekly activity progress report.
• Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Manger.
• Review all standard test forms to be used during laboratory tests QA/QC testing schedules and procedures and evaluate results as appropriate.
• Review contractor practices and conventional methodologies and make recommendations where remedial action is required
• Recommendation of solutions to quality problems and control of further processing delivery installation or use until proper disposition of non-conformance or unsatisfactory works.
• Keep proper filing system for all test results instructions submittals daily reports weekly reports monthly reports meeting minutes.
• Design and Prepare technical specifications for irrigation structure projects and creating the final site specific drawings of the structures for construction in line with the design and technical specifications requirements for completeness and accuracy.
• Confer with senior engineer the design and conduct research to determine project. Requirements/ scope of work.
• Prepare BOQ for irrigation structure.
• Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the Head of Monitoring Unit
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering Hydro technique structures engineering
2) Professional Certificate in a relevant field and/or a Master’s Degree will be given priority.
3) Computer skills in Ms Excel Ms Word Ms Project and AUTO CAD 2D 3D and civil 3D
4) Fluency in oral and written English Dari and Pashto.
• Work Experience and Computer Skills:
1) Minimum 4 years of work experience in the Government or International Organizations in the QC or monitoring of vertical and irrigation structure.
2) Knowledge of the Government of Afghanistan and procurement rules and
Procedures are a distinct advantage;
Based in the Kabul Office may be asked to make short term visits to provinces for data collection.
Have good knowledge of vertical structure/irrigation structure/project design and implementation, procurement policy, good knowledge of quantity methods to measure supply capacity.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through Email address
While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position (Monitoring Engineer) plus Vacancy Number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documentation or educational certificates with your application. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview