|Date Posted:||Apr 18, 2017|
|Reference:||VA- 2017 -03|
|Closing Date:||Apr 25, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Under the overall lead of the Afghanaid Managing Director and reporting to the Director of Programme Implementation and Quality, the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor will ensure alignment in projects theory of change, M&E strategy, outcomes, outputs and activities, as well as the relationships of expenditure to value for money. S/he will be responsible for designing the M&E plan and requisite tools and implementation of the plan; analysis and interpretation of data and timely preparation of high quality reports. S/he will build the capacity of M&E Coordinators and Officers and Programme team members.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation
For each active and new project, assist Project Managers to develop output, outcome and results-based monitoring plans linked clearly with donor approved log-frames;
Wherever necessary, provide inputs for revision/modification of log-frame related performance indicators;
Set up protocols for sharing of monitoring results in appropriate forums - namely, project team, provincial management, Programme Implementation and Quality Unit and the Directorate, and providing management response;
Based on project monitoring observations, provide feedback to Implementing Partners and Provincial Offices on status / performance of projects;
Share key findings from project monitoring and evaluation reports with Programme Development and Resource Mobilization (PDRM) Unit;
Assist Project Managers in developing Terms of Reference for annual, mid-term and end-term project evaluations
Facilitate and join (if required) external supervision and evaluation missions
Include key stakeholders in important external evaluations to ensure that evaluators take note of project impact as perceived by stakeholders;
Conduct periodic Internal Projects Evaluation
Assist Director of Programme Implementation and Quality in preparing and reviewing of Programme Quarterly, Annual and in donor reporting.
Survey and Data base Management
Develop / review finalization of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools for baseline surveys, follow-up surveys, and final evaluation of Afghanaid projects
Develop and implement protocols for data entry and data security, including mechanisms for quality control
Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure overall quality and accuracy of data collected by Implementing Partners and Provincial Offices to ensure that only high quality data/statistics go into planning projects
Building Staff Capacity
Design and deliver training programmes on survey research, monitoring and documentation to provincial offices and implementing partners
Support Provincial Offices and Implementing Partners in tracking log-frame indicators, undertaking monitoring, evaluation and learning, analyzing project data and field information, and consolidating information to track and report progress.
Promoting Organizational Learning
Share success stories and lessons learnt with external stakeholders such as humanitarian and other clusters, donors and national and provincial governments
Generate and consolidate field visit reports and share critical findings with relevant Project Managers, Provincial Offices and other Afghanaid staff to highlight challenges and learn lessons for the future;
Lead compilation, analysis and consolidation of provincial data to produce overall learning that will inform course corrections where necessary
Administrative and Reporting
Assist Programme Director in updating and maintaining the Programme Database;
Check authenticity of translation of survey tools from Dari/Pashtu to English and vice-versa
Prepare Annual Operating Plan (AOP) of Monitoring & Evaluation section
Proactively engage with donors, other stakeholders and support networks focused on learning
Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within Afghanaid and externally and support all other staff in doing likewise
Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
The position holder must possess a Bachelor Sociology, Statistics, Mathematics, or Business Management with specialization in survey research. Candidates having a diploma in English language from an institution of repute and ability to write good English will be given preference.
1) Seven (7) years’ progressive experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in a reputed organization – preferably an INGO or a Research Institution.
2) S/he should be able to demonstrate mastery over project planning as well as survey research tools
3) Possess clear understanding about logical frameworks, project impacts, outcome, outputs, indicators and their measurement. Understanding of Theory of Change will be a plus point.
4) Have capacity to design field surveys, their tools, brief and guide field investigators, carry out sample checks of data collection tools such as questionnaires, scrutinize survey database, analyse data and interpret survey results.
6) Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
7) Proven and substantive expertise in budgeting, donor reporting and auditing.
8) Sound understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
9) Ability to represent a respected organisation at a senior level.
10) experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM)
11) experience in developing and managing project-wide information systems
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, programme development, monitoring & evaluation and reporting. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Native fluency in written English.
2) Excellent conceptual and analytical skills able to distil key ideas with clarity and precision.
3) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
4) Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact.
5) Ability to represent a respected organisation at a senior level.
6) High-level proficiency in relevant enterprise-wide software packages and office applications, including SPSS, spreadsheets, word processing, PowerPoint and Outlook.
7) Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
8) Strong coordination/negotiation skills specifically with the ability to effectively coordinate among other partner organisations
9) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
10) Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy and meet tight deadlines.
11) Business oriented with a commitment to build Afghanaid’s agility and grow its reputation.
12) Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
13) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
14) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
15) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
16) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.
Afghanaid’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate about and proud of their work. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and is demonstrated by taking initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities / tasks if necessary. We are results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.
Our remuneration and benefits package is competitive with other similar organisations.