|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Mercy Corps:
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in 42 countries is improving the lives of 19 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org. " target="_blank">http://www.mercycorps.org. ;
Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs. It is to mention that currently Mercy Corps is working in Kabul, Kandahar, Helmand, Takhar, Badakhshan, Parwan and Baghlan.
Mercy Corps helps people turn the crises they confront into the opportunities they deserve. Driven by local needs, our programs provide communities in the world’s toughest places with the tools and support they need to transform their own lives. Our worldwide team in 42 countries is improving the lives of 19 million people. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.mercycorps.org/" target="_blank" style="color: black;">http://www.mercycorps.org. Mercy Corps has been working in Afghanistan continuously since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational and natural resource management; it has helped more than 2.5 million Afghans through these wide-range of community–based agriculture and economic development programs.
Mercy Corps (MC) is present in Afghanistan since 1986 with a large portfolio of programs addressing the promotion of sustainable licit livelihoods, agriculture development, youth vocational skills and natural resource management. The Youth Vocational Skills (YVS) portfolio is currently implementing programmes funded by different donors in Kandahar, Helmand, Kabul and Parwan. Under YVS portfolio, Mercy Corps is providing demand driven vocational skills to men and women in provinces with high numbers of returns and IDPs – with a focus on improving employability of the trainees. Specifically, under a grant from the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA), Mercy Corps is implementing Employable, skilled and inclusive workforce (ESIF), which is a three year program in four provinces. The ESIF is a multi-million, multi-year program on youth vocational skills development and employability. The program will expand on Mercy Corps’ proven model of delivering market relevant work skills in Kandahar Province to Helmand, Parwan and Rural Kabul Provinces. Under the program, a total of 6,000 under-employed male, female and disabled youth from host, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and returnee communities will receive a market driven trade skill and be linked with the opportunities available in the local and national labor markets for the pursuit of gainful employment.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will be responsible for supporting the MEL Senior Officer in overseeing all aspects of program monitoring and evaluation activities conducted in Kabul province for the ESIF program. He/she will be responsible for daily monitoring and evaluation of activities implemented by program team. As part of the job, the MEL Officer is responsible to provide productive feedback in order to improve the quality of the programs, and work to generate lessons learned. He/she is responsible for data collection and monitoring activities in Kabul province.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Ability to conceptualize, plan and implement M&E activities creatively, as well as possess the ability to analyze data and utilize lessons learned for the continuous improvement of program implementation and to promote a culture of learning.
· Experience in building staff capacity through facilitating formal trainings or workshops
· Experience with data management and statistical analysis including the ability to use statistical packages such as SPSS, Stata, or R and GIS software is an asset
· Fluency in verbal and written Pashto and Dari
· Proficiency in both written and spoken English
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and produce results in a timely and quality manner
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Conduct monitoring site visits and provide feedback and reports to M&E team
· Conduct VTCs visit in Kabul province to ensure that the MEL system is consistent with implementation.
· Conduct data analysis of surveys, in line with the directions of the M&E Manager (when required).
· Conduct daily monitoring and evaluation work in the field.
· Provide support to MEL Senior Officer on developing reports for the program, especially reports intended for internal circulation.
· Translate different MEL tools such as survey questionnaire, indicator plan and etc. to the local languages, as and when required.
· Assist in regular data entry into the MEL databases and donor-required database, if required.
· Maintain the MEL related documents in soft and hard copies.
· Establish cordial, professional relations with MC Staff and other stakeholder and beneficiaries, ensuring Mercy Corps’ ability to work with transparency, accountability and good will.
· Conduct him/her both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and in no way jeopardize our humanitarian efforts.
· Provide technical assistance to program staff in order to maximize use of the MEL data collection tools.
· Develop capacity building and facilitation series to support program teams to better monitor and evaluate their program components, and to make better use of program information.
· Other duties as assigned and agreed upon by the MEL Senior Officer.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Minimum of 2-3 years combined in M&E activities, program evaluation, and information systems
Bachelor degree in social sciences, statistics and economics, measurement and evaluation, project planning and management. Master’s degree is a plus;
· Demonstrated quantitative analysis skills
· Both theoretical and practical background in M&E or research and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methodologies and techniques.
While sending your CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position in the subject line, application received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Please include three references from you previous and current supervisors in your CV and make sure that their official email addresses are mentioned in the reference information.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview. Interested candidates should submit their Application To: Mercy Corps Office: Qala e Fatullah,Street # 05,House # 1010 Kabul, Afghanistan or Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org