|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 29, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Afghanistan health system has made considerable progress and the health indicators have also significantly improved over the period of 2003-2017. The key enablers for the improvements have seen in the health sector are strong local stewardship, development of sound and stable policy frameworks, prioritization of investments in primary care and implementation of BPHS and EPHS. The BPHS and EPHS have been implemented through NGOs in 31 and the MoPH Strengthening Mechanism in remaining 3 provinces. Sehatmandi project mainly finances the BPHS and EPHS implementation across the country for 3 years - July 01, 2018 to June 30, 2021. In order to manage the health program effectively, the project finances the system development and stewardship functions of the MoPH though support of short-term technical assistance and supports the contractual staff required for implementation of project activities..
The consultant is generally responsible for monitoring and evaluation project progress against key indicators specified in project proposal and coordinate issues and gaps with SM and PPHDs for further corrective actions. In addition, the consultant will be responsible for overall communication tasks at central level (MoPH) with other relevant departments, partners, stakeholders and donors.
To ensure BPHS and EPHS policies implementation in targeted areas through a well-designed and on time monitoring plan, support and strength via regular supervision and monitoring BPHS and EPHS projects to improve health status of the population
Requires travel to provinces:
· A monitoring plan using the MoPH-SM road map/work plan in light of MoPH Monitoring and Evaluation guidelines and standards is developed.
· Conduct regular visits 18 days per month without of any extra financial grant except of Net salary “Perdiem “ of the target area
· Quality of health services in BPHS and EPHS is enhanced.
Regular monthly monitoring mission report is prepared and submitted to the head of MoPH-SM including mission findings, gaps identified, and recommend solution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· He / She will be reporting to the M&E manager and head of MoPH-SM and coordinate the project monitoring and evaluation activities with the Provincial Public Health Directorates (PPHDs) and other relevant departments in MOPH and stakeholders.
· Develop a monitoring plan using the MoPH-SM road map/work plan in light of MoPH Monitoring and Evaluation guidelines and standards.
· Use a standard monitoring tool in close collaboration with M&E unit of the MoPH.
· Follow MoPH-SM BPHS proposal objectives and indicators in light of MoPH policies, regulations and technical guidelines.
· Conduct regular visits (18 days per month without of any extra financial grant except of Net salary “Perdiem “ ) to MoPH-SM’s HFs either with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit or independently to ensure that project activities are undertaken according to the MoPH standards and project indicators, identify gaps and deviations.
· Undertake data analyse, understand performance trend, and propose and communicate feasible recommendations for improving technical and management gaps and deviations occurred.
· Recommend remedial action in keeping with Contract-in modality found not to be performing well or in breach of important MOPH policies.
· Maintain and regularly update a database of all health facilities of MoPH-SM HFs in Panjshir province and convey it to MoPH-SM M&E manager.
· Vet donor and multilateral organization documents to ensure, they meet MOPH standards and comply with MOPH policies and technical guidelines related to grants and contracts.
· Coordinate provision of technical assistance to Provincial PPHDs working for the implementation of BPHS and coordinate the response to Provincial PPHDs requests for technical assistance through external coordination Dept.
· He/she will also participate in coordination and technical meeting contribute his/her input for in regard to the issues discussed.
· Help implement measures (salaries, per capita cost … etc) agreed between MOPH and donors on BPHS implementation.
Prepare and submit regular monthly monitoring mission report to the head of MoPH-SM including mission findings, gaps identified, and recommend solution.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Parwan
· Medical doctor (MD) or graduated from any health science institute, Master in Public Health is preferable.
· Minimum of 3 years experiences in public health and healthcare management including at least 2 years in Monitoring and Evaluation with NGOs, UN agencies or MOPH, or any other organization. Having skills in analysis of public health data and situation, HMIS and surveillance field are preferable.
· Good communication skills to work with everyone involved in the project.
· Have excellent knowledge of English language ( Written , spoken and understanding)
Have a good computer knowledge MS word, Excel, Access, and Power point.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references
1. Introduction of health management
2. Monitoring and evaluation fundamentals
3. BPHS guideline
4. EPHS guideline