|Date Posted:||May 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 3, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Director for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Director will provide technical assistance in support of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for NHTAP; and in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention-linked research. S/he will provide technical guidance by designing and developing M&E systems and procedures for the project. This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program and developing data dashboards for real-time reporting. S/he will undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring data quality and accuracy and for collecting, analyzing, and processing monitoring and evaluation data, assisting in monitoring and reporting against the NHTAP’s performance indicators and results, developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals, and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and the program objectives are being achieved.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in development of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in developing study protocols, supervising study field activities and data management, and has peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience working with USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation systems highly preferred
- Proficiency in data management and analytic software e.g. MS Excel, MS Power BI, Tableau, SAS, SPSS, Stata, R.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluency in either Dari or Pashto advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Chief of Party in design and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, and research plan.
- Develop and ensure application of effective data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality and make recommendations for improvement.
- In collaboration with technical assistance providers, develop data and spatial dashboards for reporting and real-time program data review.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results, particularly any monitoring activities undertaken by consortium partners.
- Supervise SI staff and oversee SI-related contractors/partners ensuring quality of work and on-schedule and budget delivery.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Ensure data quality audits are routinely collected and monitor data quality and accuracy, immediately reporting any discrepancies to leadership.
- Collaborate with MoPH and other national stakeholders for implementation research design and supervise all study conduct and results synthesis for research.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Doctoral degree or its International Equivalent - Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- At least one prior position of three years or more duration as M&E manager or relevant technical manager for a large health project including technical staff supervision.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting health monitoring and evaluation systems, preferably in RMNCH or health systems strengthening.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at https://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume (max. of 3 pages) to the below email: