|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting 1 Construction Supervisor for a post.
Requires travel to provinces:
Proficient user of AutoCAD drawing program essential
Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure the day to day management of works and demands related to his field of expertise for all Construction and Rehabilitation activities. The activities include the construction phase and the project development phase prior to construction.
Coordinate, implement and supervise, ensuring all technical, financial and scheduling aspects (technical aspects, drawings, design, project costing and close supervision) of Construction and Rehabilitation activities in the project, according to MSF protocols and under the supervision of the Logistics Manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and ensure the planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet project needs (medical and non-medical structures)
- Ensure the site supervision and project management for all construction and/or rehabilitation works
- Ensure the permissions for construction/rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation
- Organize and supervise tender processes activities in order to ensure best technical and financial conditions
- Ensure the development and follow up of construction drawings including architectural, engineering, structural calculations and work specifications according to MSF standards in collaboration with the Logistics Coordination
- Support during tender processes and contract follow up (including drawings, bill of quantities, terms of reference etc.) for all Construction related works
- Ensure the physical organization of materials and tools used in construction activities (Stock inventories; receiving, processing and quality control of orders for construction material; Check that the amounts received are recorded)
- Support in the evaluation of the availability of services and quality of performance of local contractors
- Participate in the development and follow up of the Construction budget (Annual planning process and Budget revision)
- Support in the administrative part (contract management, market assessment, request of construction authorization/permission, renewal of documentation etc.) for the construction related activities
- Ensure compliance to the Mission policies, procedures, protocols related to his respective technical family for all construction and rehabilitation works
- Support in the development of the Construction and Rehabilitation budget
- Train construction related staff, on daily MSF standards in order to improve capacities and ensure development
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organise and coordinate the activities of team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz
- University degree in Construction essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Proficient user of AutoCAD drawing program essential
- ETABS (or similar software) use desirable
- Other experience in similar position (supervision of construction site, development of architectural and structural drawings, team management) essential
- MSF experience desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
Working hours and Salary
Full Time 40 hours a week : 5 days a week
Salary: The gross salary for this position is 36,135 AFN (non-negotiable)
Application : The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 22nd May 2019 at 4:30pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kunduz Project via:
- E-mail : email@example.com
- In a sealed envelope at: Médecins sans Frontières Radio Television Street, District 1, Kunduz City or Purgul Street behind Ladies hostel MSF Clinic.
The reference “construction supervisor” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact