|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Financial Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
During 2015 and 2016 SHAHAR was implemented in the Deputy Ministry of Municipalities (DMM) and 20 provincial municipalities across Afghanistan: Aybak, Maymana, Mazar-e-Sharif, Puli Khumri, and Shibirghan in the North Region; Asadabad, Chaharikar, Gardiz, Ghazni, Jalalabad, Maydan Shahr, Mihtarlam, and Puli Alam in the East Region; Kandahar, Lashkar Gah, Qalat, and Tirin Kot in the South Region; and Feroz Koh, Hirat and Qala-I-Naw in the West Region. For 2017, the program focused on DMM, the two regional hub provincial municipalities of Mazar-e-Sharif and Kandahar, and the following 12 small- and medium-sized provincial municipalities: Aybak, Maymana, Puli Khumri, Shibirghan, Chaharikar, Gardiz, Ghazni, Mihtarlam, Puli Alam, Lashkar Gah, Feroz Koh, and Qala-I-Naw.
In 2018 and 2019, to support the government of Afghanistan in establishing and maintaining long-term stability in key cities, SHAHAR will focus its program activities and technical support on DMM and the four regional hub provincial municipalities of Kandahar, Hirat, Mazar-e-Sharif, and Jalalabad. Kabul Municipality is also included as a key beneficiary of the program.
The Deputy Ministry of Municipalities is responsible for overseeing, managing, and regulating the affairs of all municipalities in Afghanistan, with the exception of Kabul as the national capital. DMM envisions municipal institutions that are responsive to citizen needs and priorities and bring a positive change to the lives of urban citizens through good urban governance and the provision of municipal services and infrastructure.
This internship Program represents an exciting opportunity for interns to gain experience with official environment, learn organizational behavior, have basic practical learnings in their educational related filed and gain experience working on an international development project.
The Intern will provide support to the DAI SHAHAR Project Staff, by performing a variety of tasks. Throughout the internship, the Intern will gain exposure to DAI and USAID methods for capacity building, project management, and economic development programs.
Requires travel to provinces:
Recently completed or currently enrolled in a university graduate or undergraduate program in economics, Finance, public or business administration, or other relevant academic discipline. Oral and written fluency in Dari and English.
The position reports to Municipal Business License Manager and SHAHAR Team Lead on weekly basis
· This position will be based in Lashkar Gah Afghanistan
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist municipal department staffs in Developing and implementing annual municipality revenue generation and collection plan; also develop and maintain the revenue collection database and follow-up action plan
· Provide support to oversee and participate in the development and administration of the department’s annual budget and prepare monthly and annual revenue collection status reports
· Provide assistance to municipal revenue manager to manage and monitor revenue sources including fees, property taxes and others accruals; also the preparation and distribution of the bills
· Contribute to the development and monitor systems, policies, procedures relating to revenue, credit control and debt collection
Job Location:Afghanistan, Helmand
Recently completed or currently enrolled in a university graduate or undergraduate program in economics, Finance, public or business administration, or other relevant academic discipline