|Date Posted:||Aug 3, 2010|
|Reference:||ARTF/ GDPDM /MCP/298/08/10|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Independent Directorate of Local Governance:
The Director Municipality shall design the Municipal policy framework for IDLG, including formulation and implementation of the settled policies. He/She will assist in providing programmatic guidance; applying results-based management; strategic oversight; and providing coordination and synergy with other IDLG units and partners in developing systems, processes and staff capacity to ensure that the IDLG attains its goals and objectives related to the settled policy framework
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to the formulation and implementation of the Municipal policies and strategies
2. Contributes to the formulation and implementation of the urban governance policies and strategies
3. Identify and disseminate innovative municipal governance practices at sub-national level
4. develop effective systems for democratic, local governance, including guidance concerning effective practices of municipal management, organization and delivery of public services, human resources and organizational management
5. Ensure equal and common practices of municipality at sub-national level
6. Contributes to the process of improving access to developed land, tenure and housing by formulation of the Municipal policies and strategies
7. Providing support and assistance to the members of Policy Directorate in undertaking IDLG mandates
8. Providing support to the external consultants and consultancy organizations in Municipal policy designing and policy formulation in accordance to the IDLG mandates
9. Advocating on synergy with other partner institutions and sharing of experiences and materials related to the Municipal policies and procedures
10. Manages staff within the department so as to engage their trust, enthusiasm and commitment to the vision of IDLG
11. Keeps regular contacts with Municipal Mayors for engaging them in the policy making and implementation processes
12. Coordinate external donor funded programs related to Municipality
13. Other tasks and responsibilities requested by the IDLG management
â€¢ Municipal polices and strategies formulated and implemented
â€¢ Urban governance polices and strategies formulated and implemented
â€¢ Innovative municipal governance practices at subnational level identified and disseminated
â€¢ Effective systems developed for democratic, local governance, including guidance concerning effective practices of municipal management, organization and delivery of public services, human resources and organizational management
â€¢ Access to developed land, tenure and housing contributed and improved by formulation of the municipal policies and strategies.
â€¢ Efforts synergized by partner institutions and experiences and materials related to the municipal policies and procedures shared
Municipal related external donor funded programs coordinated and managed effectively and targeted results achieved
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director Municipality will work directly under the supervision of Deputy for Policy IDLG.
1. Bachelors degree Development Studies, Law, Political Science, Business Administration, Urban Development, Civil Engineering or related subject with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Masters in the mentioned subjects with 3 years of relevant experience.
3. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard.
2. Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
3. Excellent writing skill.