|Date Posted:||Nov 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 20, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs' Design and Management:
The Independent Administration Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 1382 to manage and lead the government’s efforts to reform and improve public administration in Afghanistan so as to meet the development needs of the country. Capacity Building for Results Facility “CBR” is an Afghan led reform and capacity building program, funded through Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) under the Afghan National Budget. CBR program is managed by the Ministry of Finance and IARCSC and is supervised by a Steering Committee which is composed from the Minister of Finance and the Chairman of IARCSC. The CBR aims to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. To help reduce the reliance on externally financed staff, CBR supports the creation of a specialized and highly qualified cadre of civil servants, with the capacity to manage critical government reforms, and ensure that critical services are sustained. Specific capacity and institution building programs will be implemented with systematic monitoring of and reporting on results. All line ministries can participate in CBR, while the level of support is based on results.
The National Advisor to the Director General of Programsâ€™ Design and Management General Directorate has the overall responsibility of managing the whole operations of the DGâ€™s Office in an effective and efficient manner.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Manage the efficient operation of the DGâ€™s office.
a) Assist the DG to identify priorities and maintain an Action Plan.
b) Update and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress towards deadlines.
c) Assist the DG with maintaining meeting plans and coordinating necessary arrangements.
d) Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and other activities, with the DG.
e) Manage DGâ€™s meetings, including preparation of an agenda, talking points and identification of necessary participants and follow through of meetings with Meeting Minutes and record and follow through on resulting Action Items.
f) Follow up with administrative staff on admin preparations.
2) Provide substantive review and analysis of key documentation for the DG and provide advice and relevant background information, if needed.
a) Provide background material and any other support for reports, speeches, and presentations by the DG.
b) Research and draft reports or other written material.
c) Compose correspondence as requested by DG, including processing replies based on DGâ€™s dictation or notes.
d) Arrange essential correspondence in priority action order for DG.
3) Maintain system of follow through on incoming requests/emails/inquiries and initiate action, as needed, to ensure productive follow through.
4) Serve as a confidential resource for DG, earning DGâ€™s full confidence and assuring discreet handling of requests/activities.
5) Create systems for efficient office management and participate in administrative meetings with administrative/secretarial staff to ensure results-oriented follow through.
6) Utilize available technical assistance resources to perform all of the above tasks.
7) Any other duties assigned by DG, GDPDM.
1. An effective system of managing the operations of the DGâ€™s office is developed and implemented.
2. Internal IARCSC activities and external (i.e. International Community) activities involving the DGâ€™s office are managed in a timely and productive method to produce results.
3. Quality reviews, reports, correspondence, background material and other written materials are provided to the DG in a timely manner.
4. A regular Priority Action List including follow through systems is developed and maintained for the DGâ€™s Office.
5. Confidential follow through on action items to produce results as expected from DG.
6. Creation of administrative systems for use within the DGâ€™s Office.
The National Advisor to the DG shall directly report to Director General of GDPDM.
- Minimum Requirement:
1. A Bachelor in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Relations, Project Management or related field with 3 years of relevant working experience.
2. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari or Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Skills (professional and management)
2. Experience reporting to and briefing senior management.
3. Excellent team work and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Ability to meet deadlines, manage time effectively and prioritize work tasks effectively.
5. Ability to work well with all levels of management, staff and external support, such as donors and technical advisory support.