|Date Posted:||Nov 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 20, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs' Design and Management:
The National Advisor to the Director General of Programsâ€™ Design and Management General Directorate has the overall responsibility of managing the whole operations of the DGâ€™s Office in an effective and efficient manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Manage the efficient operation of the DGâ€™s office.
a) Assist the DG to identify priorities and maintain an Action Plan.
b) Update and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress towards deadlines.
c) Assist the DG with maintaining meeting plans and coordinating necessary arrangements.
d) Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and other activities, with the DG.
e) Manage DGâ€™s meetings, including preparation of an agenda, talking points and identification of necessary participants and follow through of meetings with Meeting Minutes and record and follow through on resulting Action Items.
f) Follow up with administrative staff on admin preparations.
2) Provide substantive review and analysis of key documentation for the DG and provide advice and relevant background information, if needed.
a) Provide background material and any other support for reports, speeches, and presentations by the DG.
b) Research and draft reports or other written material.
c) Compose correspondence as requested by DG, including processing replies based on DGâ€™s dictation or notes.
d) Arrange essential correspondence in priority action order for DG.
3) Maintain system of follow through on incoming requests/emails/inquiries and initiate action, as needed, to ensure productive follow through.
4) Serve as a confidential resource for DG, earning DGâ€™s full confidence and assuring discreet handling of requests/activities.
5) Create systems for efficient office management and participate in administrative meetings with administrative/secretarial staff to ensure results-oriented follow through.
6) Utilize available technical assistance resources to perform all of the above tasks.
7) Any other duties assigned by DG, GDPDM.
1. An effective system of managing the operations of the DGâ€™s office is developed and implemented.
2. Internal IARCSC activities and external (i.e. International Community) activities involving the DGâ€™s office are managed in a timely and productive method to produce results.
3. Quality reviews, reports, correspondence, background material and other written materials are provided to the DG in a timely manner.
4. A regular Priority Action List including follow through systems is developed and maintained for the DGâ€™s Office.
5. Confidential follow through on action items to produce results as expected from DG.
6. Creation of administrative systems for use within the DGâ€™s Office.
The National Advisor to the DG shall directly report to Director General of GDPDM.
- Minimum Requirement:
1. A Bachelor in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Relations, Project Management or related field with 3 years of relevant working experience.
2. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari or Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Skills (professional and management)
2. Experience reporting to and briefing senior management.
3. Excellent team work and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Ability to meet deadlines, manage time effectively and prioritize work tasks effectively.
5. Ability to work well with all levels of management, staff and external support, such as donors and technical advisory support.