|Date Posted:||Feb 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||20000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Drive EUPOL minibus/van and other soft skin and armored assigned vehicles.
Responsible for safety of assigned vehicle, passengers, and cargo.
Keep required vehicle and passenger records.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Drive assigned vehicle over established route at appointed time, or drive assigned vehicle
on non-scheduled route as needed to meet appointments.
2. Performs and minor repairs and report needs for major works to supervisor.
3. If vehicle in custody of the driver is involved in an accident, stop and assist passengers
of own vehicle. Cooperate with investigating officers. Report essential information to supervisor immediately if possible but no later than the following morning.
4. Assist passengers to enter and leave vehicle and assist with packages, etc. if the passenger's physical condition requires such assistance.
5. Comply with applicable Afghanistan state and local laws governing operation of motor vehicles. Personally pay fines levied by courts for improper operation.
6. Keep records of mileage and boarding.
7. Furnish other written reports as directed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Secondary Education or equivalent.
2. Experience in operation of minibus or bus for the purpose of transporting passengers is
3. Minimum of 3 years work experience as a driver with International Organizations.
4. Possess and retain a valid driverâ€™s license â€œDâ€ category and be able to work on shifts.
5. Good familiarity of Kabul and other major cities in the country.
6. Highly resilient under physical and mental pressure (stress-resistant) and willingness to work extra hours when required.
7. The successful candidate will have the ability and willingness to work as a member of a team with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Knowledge of English language