|Date Posted:||Aug 3, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 9, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||1500 - 1600 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
This position reports to the National Security Officer (NSO) and will primarily conduct field security activities in support of IDLO operations. These will include carrying out Security Risk Assessments, Venue Assessments, briefings and training.
When not in the field, this position will provide technical and administrative support to the operations room/dispatch office and wider security team. The delegation of tasks will be managed and monitored by the NSO.
The NFSS will also deputise for the NSO during absences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Field Security Support
a. Assist in the coordination and planning of field missions.
b. Conduct Security Assessments, within Kabul and in provincial locations, as required.
c. Travel with IDLO staff to provide security support on field missions, as required.
d. Deliver security training and advice to IDLO National and International staff, as directed by the NSO and Security Manager.
e. He will work closely with the Field Security Officer responsible for field missions
f. Establish links and Liaise with Afghan national security elements, for problem solving, advice and intelligence
2. Administrative Support to Security Department
a. Provide support to security procurement activities.
b. Assist the NSO in administration of the drivers, dispatch office and national guards, as required.
3. Kabul Operations
a. Assist the NSO and Kabul Security Officer in the running of daily security operations.
b. Provide security support to bank runs.
c. Carry out other security related tasks as required by the NSO and Security Manager.
1. At least three years of experience in security or related field.
2. Should have 3 years’ experience of working in an International Organization
3. A strong knowledge of the security situation across Afghanistan.
4. Should have the ability to work with National and International staff.
5. Should have knowledge of working with ANP and other security forces.
6. Be familiar with filing and good office practice.
7. Be able to produce training material for Nationals staff and be able to deliver such training effectively.
1. Must hold a full and valid driver’s license.
2. Able to speak Dari, Pashto and English fluently.
3. Finished high school.
4. Confident in conducting security training.
5. Excellent written skills, in the above languages and strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. Thoroughly familiar with computer, printers and office equipment.
7. Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial.
1. Confident with traveling around Afghanistan on a regular basis.
2. Have good relations with local authorities.