|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jul 28, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non- profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The National Senior Program Officer, Education (Translator and Child Protection) is a member of the Education Program Team and will report to the National Manager, Education, and work closely with National Education Team. S/he is responsible to interpret written and spoken material into Dari and Pashto languages, ensure meaning and context are maintained, and work with individual consultant and visitor in translations in Kabul and regions.
The National Senior Program Officer, Education (Translator and Child Protection) will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality assurance of AKF’s Child Protection Program. S/he will also provide capacity building on child protection matters to AKF education staff and partners engaged in the implementation of the Child Protection activities around. S/he will report to the National Senior Advisor, Education and will work closely with the Education team in Kabul and the regions. S/he will also work closely with Country Safeguarding Manager and in accordance with AKF education focus on Multi Input Area Development will also work closely with other sectors such as Rural Development and Health.
S/he will be based in Kabul, but may be required on occasion to travel to the program areas in Badakhshan, Baghlan, Bamyan/Parwan, Takhar and Daikundi.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform all written and oral translations of documentation and training packages into Dari or both Dari and Pashto as requested by the Senior Management Team from Kabul and Regions.
· Lead the design and development of child protection policies and processes for the Girls Education and Child Protection Project.
· Coordinate with the technical and grants management team to ensure that all child protection activities are consistent with established international and national policies and best practices.
· Provide technical guidance and direction for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of agreed child protection activities.
· Ensure child protection is adequately integrated into risk assessments and program activities at operational sites.
· Make field visits to regions to monitor and reports on implementation of child protection activities.
· Coordinate with MERL unit to ensure that child protection is incorporated within the relevant M&E systems and ensure regular follow-up on monitoring data relevant to child protection to feed into on-going review of project cycle and decision-making for programming.
· Ensure all staff and other stakeholders are provided with updates on child protection polices and periodically review and revise policies.
· With support from the program implementation team, ensure accountability to beneficiaries that child protection is adequately addressed.
· Represent the organization in meetings with government officials and other actors, to advocate and promote child protection, and communicate with partners on child protection policies; Participate actively in Child Protection coordination meetings and forums.
· Develop child protection reports and briefs and contribute to the donor report writings.
· Carries out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
· To report any suspicions or actual violations of the Safeguarding Policy and and/or Child Safeguarding Policy as per the given training.
• Minimum University Degree in Education or Law
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience – Female candidates with 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience are encouraged to apply
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto
• Ability to communicate key messages effectively, both in writing and in spoken language
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with international and national team
• Ability to cope with ambiguity and political agendas in a diplomatic and resourceful manner.
• Excellent command in MS Office (Word, and Excel)
• Ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision