|Date Posted:||Sep 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The responsibility of the Performance Management Consultant is to provide support to the Human Resources Development Department in development, implementation, administration, and communication of Performance Management system in the civil service.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Performance management System (PMS)
- Competency development
- Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS)
- Set goals and indicators and analyse results
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Talent management
- Research and development
Duties & Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- The National Performance Management Consultant is expected to:
- Identify the requirements of performance management system for better implementation;
- Determine and define competencies and criteria for assessing the performance of civil servants to increase the efficiency;
- Design forms and a mechanism for evaluating the performance and select an effective model for assessing the performance of civil servants;
- Provide a resolution to link the results of individual performance evaluation to the team and organization in order to identify how individual and team outputs contribute to the achievement of the organization’s objectives;
- Design and develop a situation analysis mechanism for performance management.
- Provide training programs through workshops and seminars to increase the capacity of the human resources development department to implement performance management programs effectively;
- Provide technical and professional advice on the performance management to the department for solving problems, gaps and challenges related to the performance management;
- Provide regular reports on the progress of performance management system to the head of department for taking necessary actions;
- Perform other tasks which are assigned by the management in accordance with the laws, regulations and objectives of the organization.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Having a Master’s Degree with (5) years of relevant experience in Human Resources, especially in Staff performance management processes and tools, organization development, human resources development or other related Human Resources field;
- Bachelor degree in the above mentioned fields with at least 7 years relevant working experience;
- Fields of study: human resources management, economics, business administration, public administration, public policy and other related field;
- Additional professional qualification/certification in Human Resources Management, or in performance management is advantageous;
- Familiarity with HRMIS tools that support Performance Management processes/activities;
- S/He should have good knowledge in performance management;
- Experience in leading performance improvement programs;
- Fluency in English and ability to communicate in Dari/Pashtu is required.