|Date Posted:||Sep 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The (Policies Consultant - National) will be based in the consultants section of Legislation and Policies Department and will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance to the Legislation and Policies Department of CSMD about the relevant subject matters.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Excellent research skills in English;
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure;
- Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills;
- Ability to provide consultation in terms of policy preparation for relevant organization
Duties & Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The National Policies Consultant is expected to:
- Provide policy recommendations for the qualitative and quantitative improvement in the management of the Directorate’s portfolio,
- Provide research input; accurate data and information analysis and presentation of analytical information and recommendations to ensure proper program implementation,
- Assist the Directorate in the review, amendment/development of civil service regulatory framework,
- Contribute in developing a technical archive including a filing and documentation system in the process of policy and legislation research and development (including a system to upload the relevant information in the website),
- Establish and maintain close working contacts with relevant authorities internally and with external stakeholders,
- Provide advisory services regarding internal and external communication with institutional stakeholders (Ministry of Justice, Parliament, Government Media and Information Center (GMIC), etc.),
- Contribute in improving the quality of the Directorate magazine through drafting / translating of research and scientific articles,
- Contribute in the capacity development efforts for the Directorate through preparation of teaching / training material in the areas of interest in the Directorate.
- Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective, regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence; and
- Work with the team to develop a framework for cooperation between all policy and planning departments of LMAs with the Policies and Legislation Department;
- Work with policy and planning departments of LMAS to develop their strategic plans and their implementation frameworks;
- Provide training to policy and planning departments of LMAs with regard to strategic planning and research;
- Contribute in developing a unified mechanism/procedure for complaints resolution committees of LMAs;
- Contribute in providing the initial draft of the Administrative Justice Law,
- Contribute in providing the initial draft of State Liability Law,
- Work with the team to draft the proposal for civil servant law amendments,
- Other activities as assigned by the Policies and Legislation Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in Public Policy, Law, Public administration, and other related fields to the Law, with 5 years of relevant working experience in senior related positions.
- Bachelor degree in the above mentioned fields with at least 7 years relevant working experience.
- Have very good communication skills in English.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal in Dari and Pashto.
- Knowledge of Public Administration, Public Policy, Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Basic Organisational Law and other Civil Service laws and regulations.
- Computer skills in MS. Office are required.