|Date Posted:||Jul 23, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 5, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA):
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Duty Station: Kandahar Regional Office with extensive field visits to all relevant provinces within one region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Below is a detailed description of duties and responsibilities which include following:
1. cable of using all the quality control testing equipments required as per the project requirements, likewise; los-Angeles abrasion test, gravel shape test, gravel crushing test, impact value test, gradation, gradation and silt test for sand, sieve analysis, slump test, concrete compressive strength test, steel yield strength test, proctor test, field density test, different soil tests and similar
2. ensure and maintain availability of required quality control testing equipments, in working conditions, in the laboratory
3. plan and ensure timely calibration of the quality control testing equipments from the recognized institutions and maintain a record of all such calibration
4. ensure proper use of testing tools/equipment in the construction sites to meet the quality standards as per technical specifications
5. guiding the contractors for using proper methods for testing and use of suitable construction materials and equipments in the field
6. conduct and report on the quality control testing in the field as per the technical specifications with proper conclusion and recommendation
7. Maintain records of all testing work, including cross referencing to items of work to which each test refers and location from which any samples were obtained for testing;
8. prepare and participate in training courses and on-the-job training for the site implementing staff/companies, contractors’ supervisors and communities in the quality control testing measures and use of testing tools/equipment;
9. Explain/Demonstrate quality control testing procedures at different levels such as community, site supervisor engineers, companies with the help of Training Coordinator; and
10. Perform any other duties as required by the PCU Director.
Bachelor’s degree / (engineer). Well conversant with the standard quality control field testing procedures and use of quality control testing equipment’s for civil works contracts. Possess relevant working experience of 3 years. Fluency in English is necessary Dari or Pashtu Native. Full computer literacy and knowledge of professional programs on the subject is a prerequisite.