|Date Posted:||Jan 5, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Requires travel to provinces:
Good working knowledge of English and good command of national languages
A willingness to travel regularly to the field is essential.
Good communication skills
Good report writing skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. cable of using all the quality control testing equipment’s required as per the project requirements, likewise; los-Angeles abrasion test, gravel shape test, gravel crushing test, impact value test, gradation, gradation and silt test for sand, sieve analysis, slump test, concrete compressive strength test, steel yield strength test, proctor test, field density test, different soil tests and similar
2. ensure and maintain availability of required quality control testing equipment’s, in working conditions, in the laboratory
3. plan and ensure timely calibration of the quality control testing equipment’s from the recognized institutions and maintain a record of all such calibration
4. ensure proper use of testing tools/equipment in the construction sites to meet the quality standards as per technical specifications
5. guiding the contractors for using proper methods for testing and use of suitable construction materials and equipment’s in the field
6. conduct and report on the quality control testing in the field as per the technical specifications with proper conclusion and recommendation
7. Maintain records of all testing work, including cross referencing to items of work to which each test refers and location from which any samples were obtained for testing;
8. prepare and participate in training courses and on-the-job training for the site implementing staff/companies, contractors’ supervisors and communities in the quality control testing measures and use of testing tools/equipment;
9. Explain/Demonstrate quality control testing procedures at different levels such as community, site supervisor engineers, companies with the help of Training Coordinator; and
10. Perform any other duties as required by the PCU Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar
1- Bachelor’s degree / (Civil engineering). Well conversant with the standard quality control field testing procedures and use of quality control testing equipment’s for civil works contracts. Possess.
2- three years of relevant field experience or 5 years of working experience
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP) under Ministry of Energy and water now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest.
Interested candidates should send their CV, including employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc via e-mail to the following email clearly indicate the title of the position and vacancy announcement number in the subject line, Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will contact for a written test.
Eng. Najeeb Ahmad Sherzad
Acting Director of Project Coordination Unit PCU
Ministry of Energy and Water
Email address: Najeeb.email@example.com