|Date Posted:||Sep 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is a self-sufficient and independent corporation established under Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Joint Stock and Limited liability corporations’ act. This corporation changed legal entity and replaced Da Afghanistan Breshna Mosesa (Afghanistan electricity company), as a national electricity corporation on 15th of Sawr 1387 SH, in accordance with May 04, 2008. Da Afghanistan Breshan sherkat (DABS) commercially manages generation, import, transmission and distribution of the power electricity across the country.
The main objective of the position is to manage and coordinate the overall implementation and Monitoring of the Project’s Gender Mainstreaming Framework and the corresponding Action Plan within the organization; and coordinate and facilitate gender Focal points (GFPs) to get inputs and feedback to ensure gender perspectives have been included and mainstreamed at the planning and implementation stage of all projects in the organization.
Provinces to travel:
Analytical ability, practical problem-solving skills and resourcefulness in performing varied tasks in the area;
Demonstrated skills in analyzing information from various sources that could support the implementation objectives
Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures;
Proven experience in conducting gender related trainings
Willingness to travel to the provinces as required.
Demonstrated initiative in developing practical approaches that improve efficiency and effectiveness of the project;
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Senior Gender Officer will provide gender related technical support to DABS and its World Bank funded projects, she will work on integrating and mainstreaming gender across the institution. She will undertake the following tasks but not limited to:
1. Provide advice and technical input with regards to gender mainstreaming within all DABS projects, programs and partners.
2. Set priorities, develop and implement a clear and comprehensive Gender Strategy for the Organization in consultation with DABs leadership and departments.
3. Provide feedback to project Managers to ensure the practical implementation of activities within Gender Strategy/Framework is considering gender perspectives.
4. Review, edit and comment to the Organization monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports on gender achievements.
5. Provide inputs and comments on the development of action plan, gender policy, and organizational policies; make recommendations and suggestions ensuring that all these documents and projects/programs are gender informed.
6. Provide gender awareness trainings to DABS staffs.
7. Provide training on anti- harassment policies to DABS staffs.
8. Provide training on work environment to DABS staffs
9. Establish mechanism for anti-sexual harassment in workplace to promote safe workplace environment. Also work closely with the safeguard team particularly the team on Grievance redress mechanism.
11. Providing support in reviewing, monitoring and evaluation reports from gender lens as well as helping in conducting gender assessment when needed
12. Ensure Gender is mainstreamed during the activities formulation and that gender specific intervention are considered in the design stage of these activities by working closes with all departments and partners.
13. Provide technical inputs on gender to other statements that are produced by the ministry of women affairs, in close coordination with DABS management and partners.
14. Participate in recruitment, policy development and project planning
15. Represent DABS in relevant meetings on demand of Project Manager.
16. Aid in data collection, compiling lessons learned, establishing indicators to support knowledge sharing.
17. Integrate the findings into the projects in a most relevant and meaningful way
18. Perform other work related outputs as requested by the project manager and program director
19. Assess and identify the potential impact of the project that would result in adverse effects on any particular segment of population including women and introduce measures to mitigate them.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor Degree in Gender Studies, Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Social Development, Sustainable development, or any other related field with four years of relevant experience in the field of gender work or relevant assignments. Or Master degree with 3 years of work experience relevant to the gender.