|Date Posted:||Jun 9, 2020|
|Reference:||Ghani –NSPE -1|
|Closing Date:||Jul 9, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||18 month(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ghani Consultancy Services:
Ghani Consultancy Services (GHANI) is a specialized international Management, Business, Engineering and research firm. We work with organizations aiming to deliver better results. Our extensive experience has made us capable of dealing with the complexity of business and development management. We specialize in multidisciplinary management solutions and enable our clients to achieve higher levels of development and sustain growth. We work with people at all levels of the organization building their capabilities and skills. We engage ourselves with the client, serving their best interest before ours.
National System Planning Expert A Ghani Consultancy Position
Duties & Responsibilities:
· He /She will be required to deliver the following duties:
· Overall responsibility of supervising the team of national consultant, coordinating with the Government relevant institutions, Client, development partners, and ADB on optimal development of power infrastructure.
· DTL would also liaise with donor financed consultants preparing various projects to be financed under the Energy Supply Improvement Investment Program, and formulating other planning documents
· Lead the preparation of feasibility / pre-design technical studies for the identified projects. The studies should include technical planning and design, analyses, sequencing and action plan for energy sector development.
· Lead the preparation of inception, interim progress, preliminary draft, revised draft final and other reports as requested by the Government.
· Develop detailed work plan and implementation schedule, and ensure quality and timely output delivery.
· Coordinate the activities of team and lead discussions and consultations with relevant stakeholders.
· Prepare global budget estimates with reference to international and domestic price trends for projects of similar scale and quality;
· Monitor and supervise all the team to ensure smooth progress of the project.
· Lead the conduct of capacity building needs assessment for solar and communicate with relevant agencies on solar technologies related to the assignment: technology, site selection criteria, due diligence process, operation and maintenance, design and implementation.
· Any other related activity as may be reasonably requested by Project director of international consultant.
National System Planning Expert should have at least a Bachelor level degree in Electrical engineering with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in design and implementation of projects. He/she will assist the work of their international counterparts through field surveys, and data analyses and report writing. In addition, the National System Planning Expert should have experience covering studies, planning, programming, and managing energy sector projects, including utility management and renewable energy development.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering,
· Possess good interpersonal skills and communication abilities;
· Well organized, and ability to properly work in team.
· Have a basic understanding of the English language
· Must be able to self-direct on issues related to work, and to work without constant supervision
· Encourage and motivate the team toward achievement of proposed objective within given timeframe.
Note: Only applicants who meet these requirements will be considered.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
CVs with cover letter should be submitted ELECTRONICALLY to below mentioned email.
Please include position title and vacancy No. in the subject line of the e-mail. (National System Planning Expert)), Vac# Ghani –NSPE -1)
Only short listed candidates whose background and experiences correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for further consideration.