|Date Posted:||Jul 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 21, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finance:
The Afghanistan Institute of Banking and Finance, AIBF, is an Afghan owned institution dedicated to the strengthening of the financial sector in Afghanistan. The Board of Directors of the Institute is made up of Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB), the Afghanistan Banks Association (ABA), and the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA). The Institute is also supported by the World Bank, FAIDA and Harakat. The Institute was inaugurated late in 2010 and is currently offering a range of training programs to commercial banks and Microfinance Institutions, MFIs). The Institute has both international and national trainers for commercial banking
AIBF is seeking experienced and enthusiastic candidates in order to develop courses, ranging from core banking and financial skills, to marketing, Islamic banking, more technical courses in IT in the banking sector, inclusive banking and excellence in management. The Institute enjoys the strong support of the government, Harakat, the World Bank and the financial sector in Afghanistan and seeks to combine a high level of skills and excellence with creativity in finance and banking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The Candidate will be working with international trainers to develop his or her own skills in training in all areas of banking. The Candidate will also be working with representatives from a regional banking institute, to develop the skills needed for up-to-date training in all areas of banking.
2. The Candidate will report to the Director of AIBF and will develop with him and with the international consultant a work program for capacity development at the Institute, for him or herself and for the students. Assist in the development and designing of the course training curriculum/modules for effective implementation of the training program;
3. Work on the training program for students, on design, implementation and delivery. Including evaluation of students and performance.
4. After getting trained by international experts, the trainers must be able to train bankers and other financial institutions staff in his/her field of expertise( banking, economics, business);
5. Maintain effective communication skills with the trainees, AIBF management, stakeholders including commercial banks and other financial institutions and make reports to the Director
6. Assist in the preparation and implementation of special workshops, seminars and conferences on specific topics of interest to the financial sector.
7. Work with international trainers and representatives from regional banking institutes to improve the effectiveness of training at AIBF and improve its methodology.
8. Provide training to the trainers of the commercial banks in credit operations and mentor their trainings;
9. Carry out other related tasks, as per the directions of the director.
The ideal candidate will have Bachelor or Masters Degree in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant field. The candidate must have at least 5 years experience in banking and some experience in training or administration.
The Trainer should be a team player, excellent in communication skills, self-motivated, target driven, objective oriented and good in achieving results. He/she should have full working knowledge of English in written and oral form as well as Dari or Pashto and computer software such as, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
1. The Trainer will prepare text of the training course he/she run;
2. The Trainer, in consultation with the Director and international trainers will prepare material for specialized courses, workshops and seminars.
3. The Trainer will train staff of the banks and other financial institutes operating in the country.