|Date Posted:||Oct 31, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Position: National Water Resource Specialist for Transboundary Unit
No. of Post: (1)
Duty Station: Afghanistan- Kabul
Duration of Contract: 9 months with possibility of one year
Salary: Accordingly to the NTA guideline
Requires travel to provinces:
Having knowledge/ experience of integrated water resources management (IWRM).
· Having knowledge and experience in skillful use of computer and its relevant soft-wares, such as Mike 11, Mike, HEC-HMS, HEC ResSim, HEC-RAS, GIS, Modflow- GropWat, Auto CAD, Auto Desk and office.
· Having knowledge and experience to review and comment infrastructure standard drawings and design; such as plans, section, details;
· Having knowledge of developing training materials, and offer trainings related to infrastructure and Water Resource issues to other staff of Water Right Department of Ministry of Energy and Water and give presentation and seminars internally and other stakeholders.
Knowledge of English and computer literacy are essential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Working closely with the other members of the Transboundary Unit under supervision of the Focal point of the Transboundary Team and Water Right Department.
· Prepare the report on Transboundary related issues on Water resource of all Transboundary River basin of the Country under the supervision of Water Right Department.
· Working on Hydrological matters such as dams, reservoirs and diversions which may have impacts on downstream flows, impacts of reservoir management on downstream flows, drought and flood issues, the potential effects of climate change on hydrology, hydrologic data and monitoring and information exchange, sediment and erosion, interpretation of modelling, etc;
· Collection of data and information (hydro-meteorological information) from relevant departments;
· Exploring opportunities for joint development and benefit sharing with co-riparian’s;
· Impact assessment to help determine potential environmental and socio economic impacts of hydrologic development;
· Socio-economic issues such as economic assessment, including potential benefits/costs with respect energy, agriculture, flood/drought risks and trade; and
· Collection of data and information from the watershed management in Afghanistan river basins.
- Any other tasks which will be assigned by the Focal point of transboundary and Director of Water Right Department
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· The National Water Resource Specialist should have minimum Bachelor Degree on Civil or Water Resource Engineering/Management, (preferable Master Degree Water Resource Engineering/Management).
· The total experience of 5 years, and 3 years’ experience in the field of Water Resource Engineering/Management, and other relevant filed.