|Date Posted:||Jan 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 29, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Role: The Natural Resource Management Advisor is responsible for working as national counterpart to NRM advisor (expat) in providing technical guidance to the program staff both at Project Management Unit (PMU) and districts and develop their capacity to ensure effective delivery of actions envisaged in project design which are summarized in logical framework. (S) he will assist to design, develop and disseminate manual, guide lines and technical notes required for standardizing AAD initiatives. In addition, s(he) will assist team leader in planning, implementation and management of the Upper Catchments Rehabilitation and Management activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Technical Backstopping
Identify appropriate forest and rangeland management techniques; prepare simple learning and extension materials targeting project staff, government staff and community members.
Contribute conducting sub-catchment level natural resource situational analysis and dissemination to stakeholders. Carry out documentation of best practices.
3. Capacity building
Appraise training needs of AAD staffs, government staffs and user associationsâ€™ executives and accordingly organize appropriate training.
1. Contribute conducting natural resource situational analysis of the four targeted sub-catchments.
2. Contribute developing technical guidelines, manuals, handbooks, information materials relevant to project implementation and building capacity of project staff, government staff and community beneficiaries.
3. Assess training needs of project staff, government staff and beneficiaries; develop appropriate training curriculum, training material and support training implementation.
4. Provide technical backstopping to the project staff in watershed management particularly in the areas of planning and implementing community based natural resource management initiatives, development of management and operational plans.
5. Assist in preparing annual work plans including cash flow.
6. Assist to develop and institute simple yet robust monitoring plan
7. Document and disseminate case studies, best practices
8. Take active role in organizing dissemination workshops, seminars
Competencies and Skills:
Essentials: Bachelor degree (preferably master degree) in Forestry, Rangeland, NRM or Agriculture with at least five years of proven work experience in relevant field. Must have working knowledge of English and Dari and be comfortable handling MS office packages such as word, excel, power point.
Desirable: Working knowledge of GIS and GPS, prior work experience in Badakhshan or similar environment.
The post also demands committeemen to Afghanaidâ€™s mission of poverty alleviation in a suitable and equitable manner, positive attitude to work, team player, personal integrity, and self motivation as well as knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses.