|Date Posted:||Mar 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About EZ-KAR C1:
The Eshteghal Zaiee – Karmondena (EZ-Kar) Project aims to strengthen the enabling environment for economic opportunities in cities where there is a high influx of displaced people. This will be pursued by increasing the returnees’ access to civil documents, providing short-term employment opportunities, improving market enabling infrastructure, and supporting investor friendly regulatory reforms.
The project design as mentioned above will include multiple implementing agencies, namely Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR), Kabul Municipality, and Independent Directorate of Local Governance (IDLG). At the central level, Ministry of Economy (MoEC) will serve as the lead line Ministry responsible for inter-ministerial coordination among stakeholders within the Government. MoEC, with the World Bank and other donors, will carry out overall management and project oversight across the Implementing Agencies (IAs) and other relevant agencies that are a part of the wider migration response strategy under Displacement and Returnee Executive Committee (DiREC).
This assignment particularly relates to Component 1 of the Project, which will support Afghan refugees (both registered and unregistered) in Pakistan and their voluntary repatriation. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) will be the Implementing Agency (IA) for the component, both in Afghanistan and in Pakistan, while the Ministry of Refugees and Repatriation (MoRR) will be involved in the implementation of communications activities. The component provides technical assistance, institutional support and training, necessary equipment, and operational assistance to MoFA to: (a) enhance its capacity to provide consular services (such as issuance of passports and verification of certificates); (b) develop and implement a joint communication strategy for MoFA and MoRR to disseminate information to Afghan refugees in Pakistan in order to facilitate their access to economic opportunities and social services through information centers at MoFA missions in selected cities of Pakistan, in collaboration with MoRR; and (c) support day-to-day implementation of Component 1 of the Project.
Date Posted: 14 March 2020
Closing Date: 30 March 2020
Work Type: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Functional Area: Computer Science / IT
Job Location: Kabul
Salary Range: As per NTA Salary Scale Policy
Contract Type: Long-Term
Years of Experience: 3
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Extension Possibility: Yes
Probation Period: 3 Months
Requires travel to provinces:
- Advanced IT and network administration skills; Ability to understand front-end user’s requirements with a problem-solving attitude;
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- In depth knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Applicable experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Pashto/Dari.
· Experience with Microsoft and Cisco products
· Experience and knowledge of various networking systems concepts including email, firewall, client ‐servers, network security, network protocols, etc.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task is required.
· Familiar with PABX and VoIP telephone systems
· Knowledge with fiber-optic systems.
· Strong understanding of computer network infrastructure.
· Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
· Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
· Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Network Administrator will be recruited to work as part of the Component 1 Project Implementation Unit (PIU) within MoFA. The Network Administrator will report to and support the Coordination 1 PIU Coordinator and the Senior IT Specialist of the Component 1 PIU, and work closely with other technical members of the PIU. The Network Administrator will be generally responsible for leading the following tasks:
Duties and Responsibility
· Manage the MoFA network infrastructure, servers and client computers
· Regularly maintain IT related equipment and resolve problems in hardware and software
· Provide support and guidance to MoFA staff in the use of IT equipment
· Antivirus updates both on client/server sides
· Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
· Select and implement security tools, policies and procedures in conjunction with the security team.
· Configure network hardware like servers, routers and switches
· Upgrade and repair computer networks
· Troubleshoot network issues
· Assist IT Directorate of MoFA with the design of network models
· Manage servers and their operating systems
· Implement security measures and basic testing
· Manage cloud and physical network storage
· Install and maintain LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
· Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
· Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
· Any other related tasks assigned by his/her supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Network section)
- With a master’s degree, minimum 3 years of experience in IT network engineering and with a Bachelor’s Degree, minimum 5 Years of experience in the field of IT network engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing IT network for a public institution or a private company.
- Any additional relevant certification (Cisco, CNNA, CWNA or BCNE) will be considered an advantage
REPORTING & SUPERVISION:
· The Network Administrator will directly report to the Senior IT Specialist and Component 1 Project Coordinator.