|Date Posted:||May 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
Network Administrator (LSA)
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Result Areas (Responsibilities)
1. Administering Windows 2003/Latest Server, IIS/Exchange.
2. Knowledge of configuring Cisco routers and switches,troubleshooting and resolving WAN connectivity, troubleshooting hardware and software issues on servers and workstations.
3. Design the network for optimum bandwidth use with latest routers and switches and check for any security breaches.
4. Always track ISPâ€™s VSAT System to make sure it is up all the time.
5. Draft policies/rules for users on how to use email, Internet, the LAN etc.
6. Look out for viruses and keep Servers/PCs updated with latest antivirus patches.
7. Make sure the network and the Internet is up 24x7.
8. Respond to users and systems related issues in a timely manner.
9. Manage PCs and related software - OS and applications on them.
10. Work in a cross-functional capacity to ensure effective long-term solutions are implemented.
11. Work closely with the IT team, ensuring systems are current, collaborate/share ideas and research/recommend improved solutions to accommodate IT Growth.
Job Context/Working Environment
Required to work in hostile environments with minimum or no supervision.
Communication and Working Relationships:
Will freely communicate and build relationships with a variety of people in a team or individual environment. Will be aware of cultural differences and protocols and act appropriately.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility
He will report directly to the camp manager/assistant camp manger.
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Experience
â€¢ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
â€¢ A graduate degree in computer science or IT.
â€¢ Minimum 2 years of IT experience in previous jobs.
â€¢ CCNA or MCSE is a plus.
â€¢ Fluent in English and the local languages.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, Attributes, Experience Level
Previous work experience working in a LSA or Guest housedepartment