|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing, and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities, and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue. The Network and Telecom Security Expert is a key team member at ATRA’s RTDMS team who will run its system security department.
As the Network and Telecom Security Expert, the candidate will work closely with relevant teams ensuring the optimum and secure performance of the telecommunication infrastructure and networks of the department (RTDMS).
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Responsible for protecting and improving the network environment.
● Make sure that the hardening and patching of devices meet the industry standards.
● Oversee the end to end implementation of network devices, related appliances, and leased links.
● Identify and resolve network problems remotely and on-site.
● Ensure to implement monitoring for security solutions
● The next most primary objective is to troubleshoot the connectivity issues and ensure the firewall is allowing the intended traffic.
● Monitoring the health, like CPU, Memory, Bandwidth, Temperature, Sessions, etc.
● Patching all security vulnerabilities, upgrades and enabling/disabling existing features.
● Implementing new features, migrating old platforms to newer ones
● Acting as a security advisory on changes requested
● Firewall and Load balancer configuration in CLI
● Advanced knowledge related to: LAN/WAN solutions (VLAN, STP, routing protocols)
● IPS and vulnerabilities management systems
● Good knowledge in Network Traffic Analysis
● Good have experience with Endpoint Security products
● Familiar with TCP/IP and related protocols such as SSH, SFTP, DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, POP3, and SNMP which helps in troubleshooting complex problems
● Experience in driving and troubleshooting complex incidents and deriving RCA for the same.
● Ability to create the design (HLD, LLD) for Target state network architecture.
● Knowledge of stateful packet inspection, firewalls, VPNs, and ACLs.
● Excellent analytical skills. Strong interpersonal and Customer communication skills
● Establishes and implements LAN and WAN policies, procedures and standards, ensuring conformance with information systems and objectives
● Assists in presenting to management recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software and telecommunications equipment
● Assists with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems
● Technical and operational advice to other members of staff on IT Network Equipment and systems.
● Any other related task assigned by the supervisor.
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecom, software engineering or related field
● 4 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or and 2 years with a Master’s degree of meaningful relevant work experience is required
● Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) is required.
● Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) is required.
● Excellent working experience in Network Security products like- Firewall, VPN, IPS, Load-balancer
● Experience with network (LAN/WAN/Security) installation, administration, and support
● Hands-on experience on Checkpoint Firewall, Cisco ASA Firewall, Sophos Firewall, Citrix Load Balancer
● Must have proven experience in network security administration.
● Strong technical and organizational skills.
● Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and with written documentation.
● Problem-solving abilities
● Positive Attitude toward working in a team
● Resulted Oriented
● Skilled in Stress management
● Flexibility with work schedule (when needed)
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020