|Date Posted:||Dec 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
Network Engineer is responsible for the network documentation, Maintenance and all hierarchical tasks, which are coming through Manager-Network Infrastructures & Security. Network Engineer is under the direct guidance and supervision of the Manager-NIS, Supervisor-NIS and Senior Network Engineer, to provide daily technical helps to Supervisor-NIS and Senior Network Engineer to maintaining the AWCC Corporate Network in order to ensure 100% availability of the technology environment. The Network Engineer is responsible for documenting and monitoring of Access Layer devices.
- Strong and proven integrity, time management; work prioritization skills,
- Ability to multi-task. Work under pressure and handle numerous tasks simultaneously in timely manner.
- Understanding of AWCC procedures, rules and regulations an asset. Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to meet deadlines; work under pressure, good negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to Provide 24/7 network services for the corporate users.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures effective functioning of the WLAN/LAN and use of documenting tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate WLAN/LAN maintaining and technology standards/policies, guidelines and procedures for the AWCC offices information technology environment.
- Identification and implementation of innovative uses of the WLAN and LAN which would enhance the AWCC offices effectiveness.
2. Provides effective desktop, WLAN, LAN and Communication support and focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Set up and maintenance of the WLAN and LAN Communications in the AWCC offices.
- Reconfiguration of new equipments and systems in WLAN and LAN and corrective actions in case of failure.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems: Network traffic, usage and performance.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for the all Cisco devices which are in the Access Layers of AWCC network.
- Maintaining network access policies and controlling systems to ensure that all AWCC corporate Access Layer and equipments are in proper repair and working in order to maintain satisfactory communications.
- Maintenance of logs of reported problems and corrective measures taken.
3. Ensures Effective Network Administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Administer the AWCC Corporate network to provide a stable and responsive environment.
- Maintain up to date parameters of information for the network devices including networks mapping, configuration back upping and etc.
- Monitor the network stability 24/7 and report the stability to the Regional Team leader.
- Troubleshoot MW RAD converters and multiplexer to make sure the connectivity between AWCC offices, remote sites and AWCC regional offices.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
- A Bachelor degree in computer science/information technology or related fields is required.
- Must have completed the CCNA training.
- Good skills and knowledge of Information technology systems, excellent technical skills Cisco switches, access points and networking.
- Experience in PC support, remote communications, local & wide area networking.
- Excellent Technical Skill in IT Network particularly in Microsoft, Cisco: certifications (A+, Network+ MCITP, CCNA, WLAN and Security)
- Knowledge of wireless LAN infrastructure - Wireless APs (802.11x) and Experience managing wireless end user devices.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in information Technology field