|Date Posted:||Nov 23, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Nov 30, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science,Information|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
Network Engineer is responsible for the LAN/WLAN plan, documentations, configuration, maintenance, monitoring and all hierarchical tasks which are coming through Manager-Network Infrastructures & Security.
Network Engineer is under the direct guidance and supervision of the NIS - Manager, NIS - Supervisor to provide daily technical helps to the Network Team Leader of plan, implementation and maintaining the AWCC upcoming/ongoing projects of LAN/WLAN in order to ensure the availability of the network/networking environment in AWCC offices and projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensures effective functioning of the WLAN/LAN and use of documenting tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate WLAN/LAN maintaining and technology standards/policies, guidelines and procedures for the AWCC offices information technology environment.
- Identification and implementation of innovative uses of the WLAN and LAN which would enhance the AWCC offices effectiveness.
Provides effective desktop, WLAN, LAN and Communication support and focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Set up and maintenance of the WLAN and LAN Communications in the AWCC offices.
- Reconfiguration of new equipment and systems in WLAN and LAN and corrective actions in case of failure.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems: Network traffic, usage and performance.
- Implementation of backup and restoration procedures for the all Juniper and Cisco devices which are in the Access Layers of AWCC network.
- Maintaining network access policies and controlling systems to ensure that all AWCC corporate Access Layer and equipment are in proper repair and working in order to maintain satisfactory communications.
- Maintenance of logs of reported problems and corrective measures taken.
Ensures Effective Network Administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Administer the AWCC Corporate network to provide a stable and responsive environment.
- Maintain up to date parameters of information for the network devices including networks mapping, configuration back upping and etc.
- Monitor the network stability 24/7 and report the stability to the Supervisor - NIS.
- Troubleshoot MW RAD converters and multiplexer to make sure the connectivity between AWCC offices, remote sites and AWCC regional offices.
Qualifications and Industrial Level Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor degree in computer science/information technology or related fields is required.
- Must have completed the JNCIA, JNCIS/CCNA, CCNA wireless and CCNP training.
- Preferred certifications holders (JNCIA, CCNA, CCNA wireless Network + and so on)
Work Experience Requirements:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in information Technology field.
- Experience in PC support, remote communications, LAN/WLAN/WAN.
- Excellent Technical skills and knowledge at Information technology Network particularly Juniper, Cisco, Ubiquiti and MikroTik switches, routers and access points.
- Knowledge of wireless LAN infrastructure - Wireless APs (802.11x) and experience managing wireless end user devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines; work under pressure, good negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide 24/7 network services for the AWCC Projects.