|Date Posted:||May 7, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 12, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||4 months|
About Ministry of Communication and Information Technology:
The Independent Administration Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 1382 to manage and lead the government’s efforts to reform and improve public administration in Afghanistan so as to meet the development needs of the country. Capacity Building for Results Facility “CBR” is an Afghan led reform and capacity building program, funded through Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) under the Afghan National Budget. CBR program is managed by the Ministry of Finance and IARCSC and is supervised by a Steering Committee which is composed from the Minister of Finance and the Chairman of IARCSC. The CBR aims to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. To help reduce the reliance on externally financed staff, CBR supports the creation of a specialized and highly qualified cadre of civil servants, with the capacity to manage critical government reforms, and ensure that critical services are sustained. Specific capacity and institution building programs will be implemented with systematic monitoring of and reporting on results. All line ministries can participate in CBR, while the level of support is based on results.
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for Preparing the work plan for the department and, is responsible for Keeping the network devices healthy, Updates and maintains all of the Cisco and Ensures that the whole e-NID network is configured and is functional.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare work plan of the Department in accordance with work plan and strategic goals of the agency and ensure its effective and timely implementation.
2. Responsible for Switching, Routing, Cabling and all other network related configuration
3. Keeps the network devices healthy, and monitors them regularly
4. Updates and maintains all of the Cisco and other network devices that are being used in the eNID network.
5. Ensures that the whole eNID network is configured in HA/Failover mode and availability is kept even if a device or two fails.
6. Any other duties as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the Commission
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
o Must meet requirements for implementation of this Job Description according to article 7 of Civil Servants Law
o At least a bachelor degree in computer science, IT, master degree holders in the mentioned fields are given preference.
o Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in Cisco
o Minimum CCNP Certify (Updated)
o Comprehensive knowledge in routing, switching & familiarity with all Cisco devices
o Knowledge in Network protocols
o Strong reporting & writing and troubleshooting skills
o Communication and coordination skills
o Strategic thinking capability