|Date Posted:||Nov 1, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Nov 30, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Networking,Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 25 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for the operation and administration of the company’s LAN/WAN networks and network security systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analysing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation thereof.
- Developing and documenting standards for computer and network devices
- Providing support and visit AUB branch for network survey and monitoring
- Providing 24/7 support for critical situations
- Visit the branches for the network and network related matters as per the Line Manager directions
- Performing other technical duties are assigned by the Line Manager.
- Minimum Education: Associated degree in an information technology related field.
- Preferred Education: Master degree in an information technology related filed.
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA, CCNP and CCIE (will be mostly preferred).
- At least 4-5 years of managing networks (preferably in banking industry).
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Ability to understand data and it's usage.
- Possess good process management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team with a hands-on approach for tasks and should also be able to work independently.