|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue.
The Network Technician is a key team member at ATRA’s RTDMS team who will provide critical support in management and operations of networks and relevant infrastructure.
The candidate will make sure that networks are operated professionally, effectively by following confidentiality and performance standards. The candidate must have a strong aptitude for networks, information systems, technology and infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Installing network hardware components and cables.
● Configuring network software.
● Troubleshooting and resolving issues with the network.
● Ensuring the network operates securely.
● Collaborating with other members of the NI (Network infrastructure) team and management.
● Providing technical support to co-workers.
● Performing necessary upgrades to the network infrastructure as needed.
● Design and install well-functioning computer networks, connections and cabling
● Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
● Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
● Test and configure software and maintain and repair hardware and peripheral devices
● Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
● Do regular data backups to protect the organization’s information
● Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions.
● Label and tag all equipment and cabling according to RTDMS network standards.
● Any other task assigned by the supervisor
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or any other relevant field
● Preference will be given to candidate with relevant certifications.
● Proven experience as network technician or relevant position
● Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
● Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
● Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
● The ability to use a computer and smartphone for work completion and alarm response including the use of office software.
● The ability to work with a variety of people to complete work tasks and projects
● The ability to work as per office requirement day and night.
● At least have 3 years of experience in the relevant field.
● Should be Problem-solver, result-oriented, and proactive
● Should be a Team player, comfortable in working with a team
● Should be Skilled stress management
● Flexibility in working hours as there might be second and night shifts required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020