|Date Posted:||Mar 23, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 1, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Dunya University:
Dunya University of Afghanistan was established in 2009, as a private university, based in Kabul-Afghanistan with the aim to obtain and improve knowledge, skills and resources, to transform and effect social change and development.
DUA offers wide range of internationally recognized academic programs in Bachelors and Masters.
DUA’s programs provide a solid foundation to address the twin challenges of a rapidly changing and highly competitive business environment and a need for graduates skilled in an effective decision-making, organization, leadership and development.
DUA is situated in a calm location in the heart of the City of Kabul and we offer modern and functional premises to our students with recently refurbished facilities situated in four main buildings. The classrooms are well designed, comfortable and equipped with the latest multimedia systems.
DUA guarantees top quality courses with international professors from Afghanistan, Switzerland, Germany, France, Brazil, the UK, Singapore, Greece and the USA. Our international team of tutors promotes open discussion with students. Their vast experience, coupled with their multi-cultural backgrounds, provide students with important insights into global and national economies and best business practices in different management cultures around the world.
DUA has the honor of accreditation from three major accrediting bodies such as ACBSP, IACBE, ASIC and is member of AACSB.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable lecturer who can undertake the following subjects: Network Essentials, Data Communication and Network, Network Infrastructure, Network and Cyber Security, WAN Technologies (CCNP), Telecommunication, Wireless Networks, and Network and System Programming for all junior and senior students of Bachelor in Computer Science.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Practical and Conceptual knowledge of modern networking technology
2. Understanding and configuring of cisco devices including catalyst switches, routers, ASA firewalls, etc…
3. Understanding common network security threats and their mitigations
4. Installing and configuring Windows Server 2008 & 2016
5. Managing and maintaining networking labs for students
6. Configuring and Troubleshooting TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP Server, and client.
7. Familiar with designing network applications using JAVA & C++
8. Socket Programming
9. Understanding telecommunication systems
10. Designing and troubleshooting wireless networks
11. Familiar with wireless antennas & and frequencies spectrums
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaches introductory and upper-level content courses in computer science.
- Leads course and curriculum improvement for new and existing computer science courses.
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Works with faculty and administrators throughout the district to create a pathway for student success in transfer and workforce readiness.
- Works with transfer institutions and employers to ensure the academic integrity of the courses and programs.
- Participates in the curriculum, assessment, and program planning.
- Employs a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of student learning outcomes for the course(s).
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, and career goals and cultivates a safe environment that respects the diversity of individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Design and produce teaching materials
- Effectively impart the designed curriculum as per the methodology specified in a given schedule.
- Maintain class management & discipline
- To prepare a Performance report for the students as per the given template.
- Deliver set courses to students within the university
- Set and mark student assessments (assignments, test papers, internal examination papers).
- Undertake structured weekly mentoring with assigned classes.
- Develop theoretical and practical learning situations appropriate to curriculum documentation.
- Provide learning support for students, specific to courses and modules being taught.
- Undertake the tasks assigned by the Head of the department and Dean of Faculty
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field required, PhD is preferred.
- Proficient in programming languages of Java, Python, and C++.
- Advanced level knowledge across multiple operating systems and end-user applications.
- Advanced level knowledge of coding and program design in multiple languages and platforms.
- Demonstrated skill in teaching computer science concepts to students in various modalities (face-to-face, hybrid, online).
- Demonstrated skill teaching computer science concepts to students at different ability levels.
- Experience in developing innovative computer science curriculum at the college level.
- Minimum of 3 years of community college and/or university teaching experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for the community college philosophy and approach to teaching and learning.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and writing skills in English and national languages.
Interested Afghan nationals with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications electronically through the below mentioned email. While submitting your applications please mention the Title of the position plus vacancy number in the subject of the e-mail; please do NOT submit any other supporting documents or educational certificates with your application. If you are short listed you will be asked to submit the original and copies of your educational documents. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please don’t forget to type the Vacancy Announcement Number (BCS-NET- DUA-017-Networking Lecturer) in the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will not be accepted. DUA is an equal opportunity employer.