|Date Posted:||Jul 3, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 9, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
The main responsibility of the System Developer is to develop and administer the NFE-MIS database to the Literacy Department (LD) program activities on a continuous basis and give feedback to the Planning and Program Department, at LD on progress of the activities within the scope of the project and in compliance with the guidelines and procedures of the Ministry. The NFE- EMIS Developerwill work closely with the LD M&E Unit and EMIS established in MoE, UNESCOELA monitoring team, and the other monitoring team in LD..
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Build the capacity of staff in LD-EMIS/Planning department and other related MoE officials:
Conduct on-the-job training for LD-EMIS/Planning staff on data collection, process, store, data tabulation
Train EMIS staff on MS Access and web based database
Enhance the capacity of LD-EMIS/Planning department staff to generate / develop ad-hoc reporting including data tabulation and visualization
Enhance the capacity of LD-EMIS staff and other relevant DMOEL staff to conduct data analysis (Interpretation of data, education indicators, trend comparison).
2. In consultation with the MoE/LD key officials, assist the EMIS Department to improve the EMIS regular data collection activities (Youth and adult Literacy) in the following areas:
Review and revise the NFE- EMIS literacy centers questionnaire
Develop and pre-test literacy classes information database
Revise and pre-test NFE- EMIS database
Develop and pre-test NFE-EMIS web-based database
Develop data tabulation on literacy classes, learners and facilitator’s collected data
Develop NFE-EMIS operation manual, and train the LD-EMIS/Planning staff.
3. Act as a bridge between EMIS unit of MoE and M&E unit of LD;
4. To coordinate closely with M&E Head and Planning Officer for the development of NFE-MIS to develop data collection mechanisms in terms of EMIS Database;
5. To review and revise the NFE-MISunder the supervision of EMIS Director and ELA Program Coordinator.
6. To maintain the NFE-MIS part of EMIS database by revising and updating the system regularly;
7. Responsible to develop a follow up plan for NFE-MIS after ELA exit.
8. To conduct the capacity development on the ELA database operation of the UNESCO staff as well as Literacy Department staff; and
9. To perform other tasks assigned by MoE and UNESCO
1. A bachelor’s degree in Education, Statistics, Computer Science, Information System Management or related fields.
2. At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of information System design, development and management, preferably in education..
3. Experience in managing the development and maintenance of software applications and MIS for larger organizations.
4. Experience in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation in the field of social development or Education.
6. Familiarity with open source software would be an advantage
7. Excellent analytical skills
8. Prior experience working with government systems would be an advantage
9. Excellent interpersonal skills