|Date Posted:||Apr 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About I Engineering Group:
provide end-to-end engineering infrastructure solutions to the telecommunications and power industries across Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. Employing a dynamic and personal approach, we have grown rapidly since our inception in 2007 to reach 18 operations with 1,500 employees. We integrate our core competencies with our clients’ businesses to provide cost-effective solutions that allow our clients to succeed in their business goals. Our vision Become the leading provider of managed services to the telecom industry in Africa and the Mideast, seamlessly integrating our core competencies with our customers’ businesses, and providing cost effective solutions. Our Mission We strive to be clients’ preferred telecoms infrastructure services partner providing solutions in line with constantly changing market needs.
NOC Supervisor responsibility to come up with innovative solutions to various networking problems and ensures that customer needs are properly defined and satisfactorily met.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. 5+ years of experience working in data centers / ISP with an emphasis on Network and Systems Operations Center (NOC)
2. Data analytical capabilities
3. Expert in MS office
4. Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively.
5. Ability to manage and lead a team
6. Underlying awareness of the bigger picture
7. Be able to communicate about networking issues effectively and in a comprehensible manner both to clients and management
Duties & Responsibilities:
Role and Responsibilities
1. Ensures that escalations are closed within client’s specifications or SLA.
2. Creates network performance reports and analysis e.g daily, weekly, monthly and share with client or internally.
3. Suggests improvements areas based on that report and shares with the O&M Manager and the O&M Supervisors.
4. Analyzes team & regional performance based on emergencies and reports to the O&M Supervisors and the O&M Manager.
5. Follows up on emergencies on the network and escalates them based on site importance (e.g. hub sites, backbones and collocated sites etc) as per escalation matrix, until resolution.
6. Responsible for reporting emergencies and incidents of violation of SLAs and supports the O&M Manager in communication with client.
7. Responsible for client’s communication e.g. alarms pending for a specific hours, false alarms etc.
8. Provides leadership, technical expertise and management of the NOC operation and staff.
9. Schedules duties hours and timetable of his staff, to have 24/7 network surveillance, as per contract.
10. Ensures that all alarms are attended and followed up, in a timely manner and according to agreed SLAs and KPIs.
11. Ensures that every reasonably effort is made to restore service in an event of an outage within SLA time frame.
12. Prepares SLA reports by giving feedbacks on outage, root cause and supports the O&M Manager for communication with the client e.g. SLA violation, penalties etc.
13. Manages and controls NOC staff for their performance monitoring and career development.
14. Coordinates with the client’s representatives and other sections and proposes changes in procedures, as required, to accomplish tasks in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
15. Evaluates existing processes, systems, and potential improvements complying with maintenance requirements and personnel safety.
16. Ensures assigned employees receive required training and possess/maintain appropriate qualifications, certifications, and licenses.
17. Communicates about networking issues effectively and in comprehensible manner both to clients and employees.
OH&S/QMS Role and Responsibilities
1. Ensures that all OH&S/QMS procedures are daily monitored and followed.
2. Follows all policies and procedures for monitoring, testing product availability, and incident management.
3. Implements and follows policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected.
4. Proactively reviews processes, documentation and procedures to keep updated on operational activities.
5. Prepares and distributes a variety of reports as requested by Manager or Head.
6. Be responsible for the application, compliance and regular updating of the security plan in place both by the local team and by visitors.
7. Ensures visitors receive a proper security and context briefing and monitors the security adherence.
8. Provides the general coordination with security-related feedback and systematically report in writing any security incident involving the teams.
9. Ensures that adequate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is used by both i engineering teams and Subcontractors.
10. Inspects all PPE prior to its use.
11. Ensures a proper usage of PPE.
12. Investigates accidents, incidents, and hazards and implements the necessary corrective and preventive actions to mitigate incidents, accidents and hazards.
13. Ensures that all placards are clear, clean and well maintained.
14. Providing training to enhance the OHSAS knowledge and competence.
15. Conducts emergency preparedness drills on a regular basis.
16. Conducts regular site inspections.
17. Requests for the replacement of PPE’s when required.
18. Checks, inspects and reports hazards to Manager.
19. Identifies existing and potential hazards.
20. Monitors hazard controls (PPE, engineering controls, policies, procedures)
21. Recommend corrective actions.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s degree or Degree in Computer Science / Technology or Electronics & Communication Engineering
Make sure to write the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email and send your CV along with a cover letter. Only short listed candidates will be notified.