|Date Posted:||Feb 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 21, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Future Generations Afghanistan:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the supervision of the Head of the Reporting In HQ and the day-to-day guidance of the Base Coordinators, the Reporting Officer responsibilities include:
Contributing to the production of timely, accurate and analytical interim and final reports, and proposals for donors by:
1. Working closely with the and his/her Deputy or Program Officer to ensure the timely and accurate diffusion of information relating to projects;
2. Collecting, managing and consolidating data from the field to increase transparency regarding progress and enhance accuracy of reports;
3. Proposing new standardized monitoring tools for cross-regional use, to streamline information flows;
4. Assisting Provincial Manager and senior Engineer in the submission of some report to Future Generations HQ or MRRD/PMU and or other information to ensure correct and efficient use of English;
5. Assisting to revisit and update the reporting database system to simplify and clarify reporting requirements
6. Ensuring and tracking of meeting with PMU and NSP data base before submission to Future Generations HQ or MRRD/NSP/PMU
7. Consolidating material on projects impact on province or District
8. Organizing the electronic filing structure on the server and physically - including file management of proposals, reports, notes and pictures of the sub-projects
9. Supervising the site with M and E team and training of staff who submit reports from District or provincial level.
Developing internal coordination and communication mechanisms by:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assisting the provincial manager and senior engineer and Head of Department in drafting minutes of meetings;
2. Being responsible for developing an overview of the political/humanitarian history, Future Generations involvement, on-going projects and future plans of the base and/or its province
Developing an external communications strategy by:
Assisting the Head of Departments in producing raw material for launching various Public Information activities, such as a Future Generations Afghanistan brochure, formal presentations on on-going projects, media coverage on success stories, articles, publications and brainstorming sessions with partners at the field level by the prior approval of Program manager or country director.
Preference will be given to someone who should have most of the following qualifications;
1. Afghan nationality.
2. University or high school degree in a relevant discipline.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills of English.
4. Minimum of two years of experience of reporting issues with NSP or National program
5. Experience in humanitarian/development setting.
6. Good computer skill (office, Internet, data base).
7. Relevant language experience (Dari/Pashtu) and/or original experience highly desirable